Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • Friday A&A !
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who cares about what happens in your office? This is a public place and this thread is the equivalent of the builders wolf whistle

You guys really need to grow up and enter the modern era

Its really really funny watching you all being so so careful to post non provocative pictures and to post pictures of men
    ]
    without my intervention I am certain this would have degenerat4ed by now into leeriness and leching but you are so determined to show me to be wrong Ridiculous

DezB – Member

Why do you think last weeks threads were both pulled?

Er, cos you turned it into a small boy slagging contest? If you think otherwise, you are a deluded man.

Other threads don’t get pulled for being bitchfests. get real

Thank you to the couple of guys who support me on this. Nice to see someone else sticking their heads above the parapet

fatmax

CFH – here here
    TJ – why do you even look at the thread if you object to it so much. Are you not better off spending your time on threads that you think you might enjoy. Really don’t see what the problem is. As for your ‘go and look at Sports Illustrated’ chat – does than mean that anyone with a car buying query should leave STW and only consult Autotrader etc?

warton
    Free Member

you probably bitched to the mods until they couldn’t take anymore and pulled it

stilltortoise
    Free Member

There’s always a line that can (and shouldn’t) be stepped over, but in my opinion this isn’t it. This is second only to Lazlo’s missing issue 62 in the “things that we shouldn’t really waste our time worrying about”.

That said, I’m back to work now so I’m not scouring t’internet for piccies to post 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Its really re3ally funny watching you all being so so careful to post non provocative pictures and to post pictures of men

That’s the point, you fool! If you could only get off your high horse long enough to notice, the point was always to include non provocative pictures and….pictures of men

Now, run along and do something else instead, there’s a good boy.

nonk
    Free Member

come on tj dez’s last one is riding without a helmet..
    he put that up just for you 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I actually feel sorry for you with your inability to understand why this leching is unpleasant.

I’d be surprised if anyone here was leching? Where?

That is all this thread is and your protests ring hollow. Teh only possible purpose for this type of thread is to drool over the scantily clad women.

What is you explanation for the men posted here and the women who are not scantily clad, in fact almost fully covered?

Every time in the past it deteriorates into a contest to see who can post the most provocative pictures. So far this one is not – its merely childish

why childish?

If you want to letch at pictures of scantily clad women there are whole websites especially for this. Some of them even have no clothes on at all you know

do you think we don’t know this? Surely this is evidence that this is not what we are doing here. We know those sites exist, but we do this instead (as well). If we wanted to lech we would go to those other sites. So, how do you now explain what we are doing here?

trailmonkey

on no, inspector tj of the thought police is in the vicinity.

we must all.

lock away 3 million years of evoloutianary urges and cover the piano legs with linen. misogyny is the only explanation for appreciation of the human form.

sexual attraction is childish and puerile. aesthetic appreciation is merely a cover for sexual attraction and misogyny.

the potentially offended must be protected from accidentaly opening threads that they know they do not like.

in the end, we will all love big brother.

big_scot_nanny

TJ, OK, you’ve made your point.

Do we all have to think and act like you?

No. It is a public forum, not yours.

Kev

wwaswas

I think TJ’s point is whether any of this is relevant or necessary in the context of STW?

Everyone’s welcome to look at what they want but does it need to be posted on here if it causes some people not to want to visit?

DezB
    Free Member

Other threads don’t get pulled for being bitchfests. get real

You sure about that?! That’s the main reason I see.

Nice pic of Darcy’s bike:

and THE number 1. Pacquiao

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart

That’s the point, you fool! If you could only get off your high horse long enough to notice, the point was always to include non provocative pictures and….pictures of men

CFH – I understrand that – however its not what happened in practice as you know

No you get off your high horse and show some respect for others.

Woody
    Free Member

TJ wrote

This is the 21st century – do you not think its time you grew up and behaved like an adult?

Don’t you think it’s about time you stopped being such a self-righteous, patronising old fart?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

any of this is relevant or necessary in the context of STW?

OK, so the context of STW are any of the political/car/film/plumbing/dating/cooking/decorating/sailing/skiing etc threads really relevant or necessary?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

However from previous discussions there are many who agree with me including many of the women who post on here

Are these the same women who instigated the “Bloke Thread” a short time ago? Did you not get involved with that thread yourself TJ?

This forum is diverse. People have different tastes. If this belongs on a sports illustrated forum then maybe you should seek sailing advice from a forum more appropriate than a biking one.

I understand your pov if a thread degrades to something inappropriate but is there really any need for childish tags and rants before this may or may not happen?

woffle
    Free Member

I think TJ’s point is whether any of this is relevant or necessary in the context of STW?

Since when as relevant or necessary had anything to do with STW?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Oh gosh this is dull next time why don’t we just have a note on the topic ‘don’t open if easily offended/a member of the thought police’.

I seem to have lost my crusading sword of truth, justice and telling other people what to think, has anyone seen it?

backhander
    Free Member

Life must be such a chore for you TJ.

fatmax

wwaswas – if people don’t want to visit the thread then fine, but there’s 1000’s of other posts on STW to look at…
    Personally I don’t have a problem with the Kylie Friday and male equivalent, but hey…its not worth getting upset about…

maxray
    Free Member

Who cares about what happens in your office

Well it was a reference on how a cross section of women can be. I wanted to use something I actually had experienced rather than just googled for some mind numbing stats or references.

I really can’t see the problem to be honest, if it was a disuise for pron then fair enough but it’s not.

Builders wolf whistle my arse!! It is appreciation of the physical form.

Evidently you have issues with this TJ so I would advise sticking to the threads that interest you, it’s not like it’s Clockwork Orange and your eyelids are taped open and force fed it.

😯 x infinity!

nonk
    Free Member

lock away 3 million years of evoloutianary urges and cover the piano legs with linen

new to me statement 😆 quality.

bigG
    Free Member

Now victoria’s here it feels like Friday at last,,,

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Now then, can someone please get this back on track now TPuritanJ has his own little thread to whine on?

I’m on a phone so can’t really post pics easily, I’m afraid. But, how about some Cedric Gracia? Always looks good, on or off bike, the suave blighter!

JEngledow
    Free Member

it always degenerates into leching.

Except for the last couple that degenerate into a petty argument and name calling.

I fear that the Friday A&A will be banned, not due to naughty pictures etc, but to stop the same argument every Friday. The really sad thing is that TJ will claim it a moral victory!

maxray
    Free Member

He will be too busy eliminating choice out of his bean purchases!

DezB
    Free Member

can someone please get this back on track

I tried. But obviously the deluded ranting has made me mend my ways. (Grow a mullet, don shoulder pads and start reading Spare Rib again)

anokdale
    Free Member

Dezb nice photo of Pacquiao, one bloke you would not want a right hook from.

Firestarter back to his Royal days i see. 😉

Why do folk feed the trolls, if someone does not like the post they dont have to come in,the Mods have the decision over right and wrong, it is their trainset, i dont go into their posts and i dont pass judgement. Choice, freedom and tolerance come to mind not a desire to wind folk up at every chance. 👿

If you want politics go elsewhere.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

If Friday A&A gets banned then it is nothing more than a whinger forcing his views on a public forum and getting his own way.
    The forum has rules. The forum has moderators to manage those rules.
    People get banned for flaunting those rules.

Do we really need self righteous people forcing opinions down our throat?

I’m still wondering why the “Bloke thread” was ok but this isn’t. Can anyone smell Hypocrisy?

DezB
    Free Member

Kiira Korpi.
    A and indeed, A

Dominique Maltais.
    A and indeed, A.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

TJ –

WTFU!

soobalias
    Free Member

count yourselves lucky im not feeling vindictive today.

spacehopper

*insert bickering here*

and now back on topic..

JMC.. LEGEND..

DezB
    Free Member

One more

Therese Johaug

nonk
    Free Member

i love that pic of jmc it has the feel of…not sure what shape to throw here but what the hell.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Great photo’s today. The ones that stick in my head are actually the David Hay and Chabal photo’s. Not in a pervy way as I’m full on hetro but those guys are huge and I have so much respect for how much they must have to train.

Which leads me to wonder, could a guy that big be a good mountain biker OR are there any pro mountain bikers that are that bulky (as opposed to ripped racing snakes)?

Woody
    Free Member

In keeping with the request they have to be in sporting garb – here’s Julia Mancuso in ski boots

and just to balance things up – Alan Baxter, who got his kit off to try and raise money so he could get to the olympics (how degrading is that TJ?)

DezB
    Free Member

could a guy that big be a good mountain biker

If Jonah Lomu can ride BMX..! (no I didn’t watch it, my son did!)

Edit.
    Talking of Jonah.
    He was bloody awesome, wasn’t he

nonk
    Free Member

i sold him a pair of jeans once.

he had this baby in a pram with him that was huge man.
    i swear the pram was made of scaffold.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If I could pick any mans body to replace mine with it would be Alan Baxter… Back to the gym.

mogsuncle
    Free Member

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but the training pics of Lance Armstrong that came out last year are inspiring – and definitely A and A!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Friday A&A !’ is closed to new replies.