• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • French tolls ?
  • Gravy
    Free Member

I'm driving out to the Alpes this year but I'll be on my own, I can't remember if there is a facility at the tolls for a right hand drive car. I feel sure there must be a booth where you can do this but would just like to know, thanks.

geetee1972
    Free Member

No there isn't, at least not when I did the drive which was 2008. It's a lot of in and out (not in a Clockwork Orange kind of way).

Gilles

the only place you can find one is right near Calais, beginning of the motorway from the North…then you are on your own! and it's a pain.

br
    Free Member

There is on some, though they are mainly near the ports – offer a lift to someone, on here?

verbal_kint
    Free Member

Get one of those grabber things with a rubber coated pincer at one end and a squeezy handle at the other end to close the pincers. worked for me

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Fishing net on a stick for change.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just reverse into the toll bay. A couple of J-turns each side of the toll and you'll be reet.

😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

No, there are generally no right-hand-drive booths. However, at the manned booths, it's usually no bother to lean over (and the staff are usually helpful enough).

The automated ones might be a bit of a stretch.

Don't put a huge mound of junk in the passenger seat…

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Its just a matter of leaning over or finding a friend to come with you. When we went through France I don't remember any being suitable for right hand drive

Macavity
    Free Member

Robert Millar used to keep a set of bolt croppers in the boot of his car and used them to cut the padlock off the gate before the toll gate, to get past the toll without paying.

uplink
    Free Member

TBH – I just pick a manned one & get out & walk round usually

juan
    Free Member

Nope strangely enough French tolls are design for french cars 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘French tolls ?’ is closed to new replies.