Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Freesat
  • TP
    Free Member

There are too many trees between us and the TV aerial on the hill so we’ve been told that satellite TV is our only option for a clear signal. Does anybody use Freesat?

Any recommendations? Sky or an alternative? Where to buy?

Thanks for any information.

allthegear
    Free Member

I have Freesat and it really works well. There’s 4 HD channels; BBC ONE, BBC HD, ITV1 and Channel 4. The BBC IPlayer is on there, too if you connect it into your broadband.

Rachel

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

& I’ll sell you a freesat recording thingy box.

TiRed

Humax Freesat PVR and a professional install for a quad LNB dish from a local. We’ve had freesat for years for the same reason as yourself (trees). The Humax is a great piece of kit with outstanding image quality. The remote can run TV, PVR, amplifier and DVD player.

If you are satisfied with Freeview, then Dave aside, you’ll be happy with Freesat. If you have an HD-ready TV, then you should have already upgraded 😉

Cletus

Another satisfied Freesat user. Have a basic Bush box at the moment and considering upgrading to an Echostar PVR

http://www.johnlewis.com/231218308/Product.aspx

It contains Slingbox technology which gives it an advantage over similarly priced PVRs from Humax etc.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What a failure Freesat HD is – there were supposed to be more HD channels than that a couple of years ago.

Plus the quality of BBC HD on Frresat is being held down so Freeview HD will look good.

superfli
    Free Member

I also have a Humax freesat box I could sell you – non recording though.
    email in profile

TP
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies all. A bit more research needed. No HD telly here and two babies and a single wage mean the tv we have is absolutely fine.

If I buy a box from john lewis (for example) do I have to buy the dish elsewhere? And how do I know what channels I will get?

I’ve always relied on traditional means for watching telly so its all a bit new to me.

uplink
    Free Member

http://www.freesat.co.uk/what-you-get/our-channels

you can get a full set up from places like B&Q for £40-£80

Where do you live?
    I’d ring a local installer and see what they can do for you

TP
    Free Member

oops

TP
    Free Member

We’re deepest darkest Aberdeenshire

ton

tp, i can sell you a triax sr110 freesat box, with a zone 2 sky dish and either singlw or quad lnb.
    delivered £62.99

sam_underhill

+1 for the humax pvr box. Although I wish they’d hurry up and bring out the new one.

uplink
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to go for a 60cm dish minimum, but again, a local guy will advise best and they should give you a good rate for supply and install compared to buying from a chain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Freesat’ is closed to new replies.