• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Hal.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Free Motion, Gran Canaria
  • John25
    Free Member

I’m hoping to spend a week riding with Free Motion this spring

Anyone been there? Tell me more

Thank You

Hal
    Free Member

Did you go with free motion ? as i am thinking of doing a ride with them.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We did a couple of rides with them when we were there in March

Click the pic for a report/pics/map etc

Hal
    Free Member

ebygomm, Did you start and finish at the same point? i go out in October, one week in Masplolomas and the second week at Anfi Delmar,just wondering what week to do a ride. 8)

ebygomm
    Free Member

Both the rides we did involved a ride up in a minibus to a start point and then finished at the Freemotion shop in Playa del Ingles. We got picked up and dropped off at our apartment in Maspalomas though.

Peak Tour Map

Hal
    Free Member

Ebygomm, Thanks. I will be best to do a run with them on my first week, was there a stop at a resteraunt in side caves ? as the map looks like a run i done a couple of years back with a diferent group.

ebygomm
    Free Member

No, no caveside restaurant. A lot of the routes we looked at started in fairly similar places but took different ways down. I think both days we saw people out from the other bike tour company(happy biking) so I think they have fairly similar itineries.

It was cold when we went there (March), I'd recommend taking full finger gloves. The second trip I ended up wearing socks over my hands as my fingers had been so cold the first day!

One thing that annoyed me a little about freemotion was there was no opportunity to try a bike for size, we assumend they'd fit us up with bikes at the shop the morning of the ride, but they'd already loaded bikes onto the trailer based on height and set up for weight. Other half has short legs for his height and the top tube was a bit too close for comfort! I'm sure there'd be no problem trying out a bike ahead of time to see what size you need if you're not an average sort of size. If you were very small you'd struggle too, I ride a medium Specialized stumpjumper at home, but the small Cannondale Rize I rode in Gran Canaria was bigger than that, under 5 foot 4 and you'd struggle.

Hal
    Free Member

Cool, It was happy biking i went with once before and we rode from a drop of point to Roque Nublo, when we got there the group leaders were putting jackets on, me being from scotland was fine. Thanks for the info ,i defo will give them a visit, now to tell the wife why i will be packing my peddels, shoes and lid 🙄

Hal
    Free Member

Just to let you all know that i done a trip with freemotion back in October and I had a great time, I done the Friday peak tour, great views,great company great mountain biking and great weather, I will be useing freemotion the next time i go to Gran Canaria. 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Free Motion, Gran Canaria’ is closed to new replies.