Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Frankie Boyle Vs Jordan
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Never been a fan of either, but Boyles ‘joke’ centered around someone born with disability was/is below the belt. I don’t even see it as daring or edgy, some subject matters are off topic for a good reason. Boyles at the bottom of the barrel of talent, I doubt his comedy tickles the ribs of anyone intelligent. He needs to spend time with disabled children then see if he thinks it’s comedy material.

matthew_h
    Free Member

The only “comedian” I find less funny than Boyle is that absolute arse Gervais.

Neither of them are funny

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t care.

…..obviously I do care enough to post I don’t care.

…but you get the point.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Frankie Boyle spent years working with disabled kids though. He is also a very funny comedian if somewhat dark. I like dark.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm Jordan seems to like to wheel harvey out when it suits her,usually when she needs some public sympathy.
    People need to remember that she was still out on the lash whilst pregnant with him……
    Not for Boyle attacking the disabled though. Jordan, yes, harvey no.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The thing is, it’s comedy. It’s not the personal views of the comedian.

Hence comedians can joke about any subject matter, do you see?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Not really Gary since disabled children can’t defend themselves against such comments.

tazzymtb

the thing is, dark humor isn’t everyone’s cup of liquidised dead baby

GlitterGary
    Free Member

So comedy has to be defended?

Can the Queen Mother defend herself? (Bless her soul).

Can Princess Diana defend herself when a joke about her is made?

That’s why they are jokes – it’s humour.

zziplex
    Free Member

Anyone that chooses to watch Frankie then complains about his humour needs shooting IMO.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

zziplex – Exactly.

I personally find a lot of comedians and celebrities offensive, but I don’t get angry about it. I simply turn over, or off.

Hohum
    Free Member

Who is Frankie Boyle?

Is he worth watching/listening to?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Frankie Boyle is offensive – thats the point. IMO the joke is on peoples attitudes to the disabled not not laughing at the subject of the jokes.

Pee on Pity

I’m spasticus autisticus

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Zziplex steady before you shoot, I saw 10 minutes of Boyle last week, it was awful. I was aware of the joke & dispute from other sources (notably one if the disabled childrens charities I help out with). It’s not really humour though is it Gary, well maybe to someone to posts under the name of a convicted sex offender.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

TJ – theres still time to edit that. 😛

tazzymtb

I’m spasticus autisticus

TJ that’s quality Ian Dury was a complete legend!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

TJ a valid point,

GlitterGary
    Free Member

catflees46 – Someone who names themselves after a parasite that causes misery on numerous innocent, defenceless pets evidently does not have a sense of humour.

Also, do you want a gold star for mentioning that you work with charities? Despicable on two fronts. 😉

geoffj

GlitterGary – Member

catflees46 – Someone who names themselves after a parasite that causes misery on numerous innocent, defenceless pets evidently does not have a sense of humour.

Oh the ironing boards 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s great that some comedians do take things close to the bone. I sincerely doubt there was any malice in his material and people should realise it’s comedy. Frankie Boyle is no Jim Davidson and I doubt he has a prejudiced bone in his body. I was at the Hammersmitj Apollo the night Billy Connolly made ‘that’ Ken Bigley joke. You could sense the audience didn’t know whether to laugh or be shocked, and it’s great that comedy can do that.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yes it’s all gone a bit silly now. Flees not fleas.

Shandy
    Free Member

Saying he is talentless or “its not really humour” is clearly nonsense, a lot of people find him very funny.

Nobody is making you watch him, he goes too far at times so if you don’t like it don’t watch.

As for Jordan, maybe she shouldn’t have spent so much time on the lash whilst she was pregnant.

bassspine
    Free Member

I think Boyle is funny. I think jordan/price is a pointless fame/fortune grubbing slag ‘celebrity’. Boyle wins.

MrSmith
    Free Member

for me he’s funny. especially the fritzle/queen/susan boyle jokes
    i don’t care about what you think or your sensibilities.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

IMO Frankie Boyle is a brilliant comedian, not many people can make me laugh as much as he did on Mock The Week. That said, the joke in question was totally out of order and is completely indefensible. The child concerned is not a legitimate target for comedians, and Jordan is absolutely correct in demanding an apology, whether or not she saw the programme. The argument no one is forced to watch, does not hold water in this instance.

Frankie Boyle needs to work more on his material, and not rely so much on shocking people by pushing the boundaries ever further, imo.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“Flees not fleas.”

Now mocking my dyslexia too.

Strike three.

gab344
    Free Member

Not seen this series at all before all this kicked off, but have just now watched on 4OD.

Boyle thrives on controversy. Price makes a living, by being in the news. win/win. Especially if you are channel 4.

oh and PMSL at the time travelling professor.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I thought he was ok on Mock the Week but recently watched his stand up show on TV and it was all a bit one trick pony to be honest. Same joke repeated 50 times, not very original and getting bombarded with the same joke means it ends up not being very funny. For me anyway.

CountZero

“Flees not fleas.”
    Now mocking my dyslexia too.
    Strike three.

No, mocking your inability to use a spellcheck facility correctly.
    Muppet.

tazzymtb

calm down dear it’s only the internet 🙄

plus, how can you find something someone types about you offensive and yet at the same time find frankie boyle ok? it’s either all fair game or none at all. You can’t be selective.

bobster
    Free Member

I missed the joke in question, and after the controversy won’t be searching it out.

However, have seen Boyle live and enjoyed it, although some did make me squirm.

I can’t remember who said it, but along the lines of ‘hearing people laugh, then stop as the PC kicks in and ask if they should be laughing’. I agree with that level of pushing it in comedy, where your natural instinct is to laugh. Too far past that line is where I struggle.

bobster
    Free Member

I missed the joke in question, and after the controversy won’t be searching it out.

However, have seen Boyle live and enjoyed it, although some did make me squirm.

I can’t remember who said it, but along the lines of ‘hearing people laugh, then stop as the PC kicks in and ask if they should be laughing’. I agree with that level of pushing it in comedy, where your natural instinct is to laugh. Too far past that line is where I struggle.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Frankie Boyle is OK, but there is difference between humour and shock. Frankie is often ‘shocking’ and only sometimes funny. But shock comedy is meaningless after the late 80’s Jerry Sadowitz

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

i don’t care about what you think or your sensibilities.

and yet you think we shoukld take notice of what you think. eeeegooooo!

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s just an opinion on a forum about bikes and everyday stuff, you can read my comment and easily dismiss it.
    i’m not expecting to change anyone’s mind about the comedy genius of FB.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

the same as everyone else MrsMith, but for some reason you want to tell us you don’t care about what we think.

jamferg
    Free Member

It’s great that some comedians do take things close to the bone. I sincerely doubt there was any malice in his material and people should realise it’s comedy. Frankie Boyle is no Jim Davidson and I doubt he has a prejudiced bone in his body. I was at the Hammersmitj Apollo the night Billy Connolly made ‘that’ Ken Bigley joke. You could sense the audience didn’t know whether to laugh or be shocked, and it’s great that comedy can do that.

I made the big error of googling ken Bigley the day after he had been murdered and came across a video of his beheading posted by the butchers who did this crime. It haunts my dreams frequently.. beyond comprehension

Junkyard
    Free Member

seen Frankie Boyle live and whilst most things may have humour I doubt many people with a child with disabilities would laugh at a joke at their exense. Better to tell a joke that the subject laughs along with IMHO or is generically offensive rather at one named individual target.
    Jordan is not my cup of tea at all but see above re a parents reaction
    ernie +1
    named after a sex offender -1 and another for the name

MrSmith
    Free Member

but for some reason you want to tell us you don’t care about what we think.

and you were happy to express your opinion about that.
    all healthy discourse, it is a forum after all.

Pogo
    Free Member

If you don’t like it don’t watch it.(Did you watch it or just read about it in the Daily Mail)
    The fact he is a “comedian” means you don’t take what is said seriously.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Frankie Boyle Vs Jordan’ is closed to new replies.