Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Frame for a slightly 'jumpy' hard tail.
  • AndyBurns
    Free Member

So, I broke my Scott Genius a while back, but as luck would have it I found myself able to afford a complete new Orange five. I'm now looking for a frame to port the Genius bits onto.

My thinking was that I'd try for something that was pretty tough (so I don't break it), inexpensive (so I don't cry when I do break it) and a bit jumpy (as that's probably how I'd break it).

I'm not planning on doing huge jumps or 'slopestyle' or whatever, and I want to still be able to hack round the local trails too – I just want to add a bit of a third dimension to my riding, and I don't want to bend the five while learning. I'm pretty uncomfortable with even small jumps/drop offs, having gotten it very wrong before now.

From the bit of research I've done, I was thinking about maybe an On-One 456, or maybe a DMR TrailStar – but I'm unfamiliar with hardtails these days, and wondered if anyone else had any good ideas?

Oh, and I've got 120mm forks for it – the '05 Genius came with Marzocchi MX Pros. I think. Must check that…

chvck
    Free Member

I love my NS Surge, the frames aren't a bad price at 220 quid, bit heavy at just over 6lbs tho. It really does rocket downhill and seems to air much better than my last frame though!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Frame for a slightly 'jumpy' hard tail.’ is closed to new replies.