Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fox RP3 rear shock
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking its a slightly older version of the RP23, and the only difference is that you can turn the pro pedal off on the RP23?

Anyone used one and what do they think of them?

Im currently running an original Float RL on my Spesh Enduro Pro 2003. Will i notice much a difference?
    Was the Enduro monocoque suspension action improved with pro pedal?

glenh
    Free Member

I prefer the rp3, as it has 3 pro-pedal levels that you can switch between on the go. It’s pretty hard to change the ‘on’ level on the rp23 while riding.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anyone else got any opionins? The shortest STW thread ever?

Kieran

I ‘thought’ the RP23 was the retail version and the RP2 and RP3 were only OEM.

As far as I’m aware;

RP2 – 2 propedal options: On or off with a switch
    RP3 – 3 propedal options: Low, Medium, High with selector knob
    RP23 – Switch (giving the 2 options for on/off) and knob (giving the 3 options for propedal firmness) so you get the ’23’

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Yes forerunner to 23. I have run 2 in both original and pushed, great shock and simpler to use than the 23. Currently running 2 rp23s and wouldnt have a problem to changing to rp3

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

rp23 ftw

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cool, so no major issues or moans about rp3’s then.

granny_ring

my marin had one fitted and it was easy to use and each of the 3 settings was very different. Yet to try my rp23 on the 5 spot in anger yet but the easier use of the rp3 appeals!

supertacky
    Free Member

Easy to service too.

I rate my RP23 highly. Easy on the fly on and off ( dependant upon frame positioning ). Pro – pedal can be altered. Rebound has a good range.
    Light weight.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im liking the fact that no-one has posted on here that they are rubbish and have failures. Just as well seeing as I’ve bought one!!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The first and second gen RP3’s often had poor mid-stroke damping – depending on which bike it was valved for. Retuned for your weight/bike, its as competent as anything on the market.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought my first bike with an RP3 (but third full susser) and I’m beginning to wonder how I coped beforehand.

Like BigYin, I would like to fit an RP3 to an old (old, old, old?) shape Spesh Enduro, but the old bike’s custom shock length of 7.625″ means that a replacement is either going to steepen the geometry or drop the BB to ant bothering levels.

I did once hear that Mojo machined down the shock body of a 190mm shock to fit this custom length, but I don’t know the cost or even if it’s feasable on newer RP3s.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The eye to eye length of my 2004 enduro (monocoque with the itch switch travel adjust) works out at 193mm, the shock im getting is 200mm, so not a massive difference, esp if you factor in sag etc.
    It’ll raise the BB a tad, prob about 3.5mm or thereabouts which really isn’t going to affect things too much (I hope!). Will report back at some point once i’ve got it and fitted it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shock installed and fitted. Its passed the “ride up the side of the house and off the pavement” test, just need to actually ride it properly.
    Now im able to ride, the weathers turning sheeeite again, FFS.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP3 rear shock’ is closed to new replies.