Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox RP23 with new Boost Valve technology
  • busydog
    Free Member

Anybody here ridden the latest Fox RP23 rear shock with the new Boost Valve technology? My local bike shop can modify my 2008 RP23 to include the Boost Valve for about $75/US and wondered if anyone has had a chance to try it?
    Thanks

benji_allen
    Free Member

I've got it on my Alpine160. Trouble is I don't have much to compare it too. Sorry. That's not much help. Have you read any reviews?

megastream
    Free Member

I've got this new shock on my Superlight as shown in the pictures. Not sure if you would notice a difference to be honest, I'm sure it's very good but it's probably 90% marketing speak IMO.

Boost Valve, emmm like the sound of that, who cares if it actually does jack! :mrgreen:

beardie
    Free Member

Had a 06 stumpjumper (with rp23) now have new 5 with boost valve shock, difference is unbelievable, much plusher and more controllable. cannot say how much is due to the different setup, linkage (or lack of) wise but far better and its not cos the shock on the stumpy was knackered as it was the same from new.

busydog
    Free Member

I agree that the average rider probably isn't going to be able to notice any significant difference—and like you said, likely 90% marketing hype.
    I really like my older RP23 and have the bike in the shop this week getting both fork and rear shocks serviced and one of the mechanics brought it up. Don't suppose he has any "vested interest" do you!!!

On the other side of the coin, the last add-on the shop recommended for my Ibis Mojo was the suspension "Lopes Link" and I really have to admit I noticed a marked increase in stiffness in the rear triangle.

Anyway, being a little skeptical thought I would ask around to get input from anyone who has it. I have read a few reviews and nothing negative–but they aren't always the most un-biased either.

lowey

I would suspect that the money would be better spent on a push upgrade.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Sorry, forgot to add – I'm impressed with it. Although I'm not entirely sure I can tell any difference between the 3 propedal settings. Unless I'm doing something wrong. I can be a bit of a dunce sometimes.

oxnop
    Free Member

I've just built up a 2010 mojo sl with boostvalve this evening & my GF had a standard mojo with a normal rp23 which I had a very quick blast on.

I've just been out for a 'walk' with the dog and rode the bike – all I can say is that I'm very very impressed. Compared to my orange it seemed to fly up the hills – (I would say it's beagle fast on the ups and beagle x2 speed on the downs)

I am riding the bike on my local route tomorrow so will report back with what I think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23 with new Boost Valve technology’ is closed to new replies.