Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • fox forks servicing
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

so00,,, must get round to having my fox float R forks serviced soon..-where is best to send them….
    what id like to know who has the fastest turn around ! cant bare to be without my bike for a few weeks (lol)
    so whats actualy involved in the servicing… 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Mail me in profile 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t want to do LoCo out of a job but if it’s just a clean and oil chance or even a seal change as well, it’s not a difficult fork to work on. Give it a go. If you’re not happy when you’ve done it, then send it to LoCo.

(I half think he’d agree with me)

LoCo
    Free Member

Service on a set of Float R’s is a relativly easy job, again I can sort you with parts 😉

GHill

I’ve heard that if you send them to Mojo then your warranty on the forks will be extended. But, I don’t have first hand experience of this, I don’t know if your forks are still under warranty, and I don’t know if other suspension service places offer the same. 🙂

jamesb
    Free Member

wiper service (a 15hr service) is very easy to do, just need the Fox Float oil and 7.5wt oil to top up, torque wrench and appropriate sized socket. less than 30 min in total

LoCo
    Free Member

GHill, The warranty on Fox forks and shocks is for 2 years, however they must get a Full service at the correct time (usually about 12 month depending on use)this will make the warranty go ‘rolling’ for the second year.
    If there is a fault with the unit in the first place it will usually show itself with in the first few months.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm i wish people wud remind me then about servicing preferbly the bike shop i got them from….the bike is 2009 think i got it in may/june last year…. do are my forks still under warranty ? does this mean if anything goes wrong within 2 years (fox will fix it for free)
    Loco (you sorted my sons fox forks out a few weeks back …(but i know he had to wait quite a few months for parts.
    my forks seem ok at the moment im a light weight rider (8 stone)…. not doing massive jumps…. cant hear anything too squelchy and theres no black oil shooting out yet..
    just will be a usual service i think !
    im not mechanical minded do i dont think id be able to do a service myself (without damaging anything (id be a bit worried if i damaged the seals or anything lol

LoCo
    Free Member

Warranty runs from date of purchase, strip and clean with new seals and oil should sort them.
    Were your sons forks the white ones that we had to wait for the new uppers to come in stock? Drop me a mail and you’ll get a ‘return customer’ discount 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok , yeah my sons were the white forks !
    how much approx do you charge for a normal service…will email you within the week prob.. cheers

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

aye go to loco like i said mum they wil sort ya 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol… thort you mite jump in here chris ! lol 😉

grimey
    Free Member

Are there not any local bike shops that offer to do a basic Fox service for you? There are two reasonably near me who will happily do it and I’m sure they’ll do just as good a job as anywhere else.

The advantage of that is that you don’t have to wait another couple of days for the postman to bring them back. Just pop to the shop!

elaineanne
    Free Member

but the local shop takes quite a few weeks (depending on how busy they are…
    ‘loco’ was very fast once they had got the parts in.. when my son had his forks serviced etc….

Blueadvocate

With regards to the wiper clean there are 2 confusing approaches. One involves removing the lowers etc and yes you need some oil for top up. The other just involves lifting the seals, cleaning and soaking the foam rings with fluid.

see Mojo vid (also this approach came on a leaflet I got with my Trek)
    Mojo Vid on wiper seal maintenance

But see service manual for latter approach

Fox manual

Now the manual mentions the need for oil but does not show why. Also the service intervals page points you to the above page.

So which is the right approach?

MRanger156
    Free Member

My local shops days about two days max to turn a set of forks around and were a fair bit cheaper then mojo/TF.

I’m contemplating doing it myself soon as I dont get full travel from my Fox Float R’s. Will a simple service cure this?

elaineanne
    Free Member

do you know what yer doing mr ranger ?….. i wouldnt like to ruin my fox forks by trying to do it myself ?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘fox forks servicing’ is closed to new replies.