Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox fork clunking – is it bushings going / gone?
  • bullit
    Free Member

Got Fox 32 RLC’s about 18 months old now and professionally serviced in March and November 2010. Last two rides out I’ve noticed a bit of play at top of the lowers and very noticeable clunking when descending. Thought it was headset loosening off , but it ain’t , it’s definately coming from the fork and seems to be getting worse. Emptied air chamber and re-filled but no change. Any suggestions as to what to do? Is a case of sending them off (again) and more £££. If it’s wear on the bushings, shoudl this have been picked during the last professional service? Ive barely used these forks since then as been on the full-susser and never had it out during the two months of snow and ice. Getting bloody expensive keeping suspension bits going on a bike.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yeah, its the bushings, I’ve got the same. My forks started vibrating so badly on a long desent it ruined a headset and ripped out the star fangled nut….. relaced them with my trusty 2002 mx comp pros for the moment. Anyone know where we can pick up some cheap bushings and diy? I really resent spending out on the cost of a full service.

lipseal
    Free Member

Try loco and ask him if you send the lowers and just change the bushes?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork clunking – is it bushings going / gone?’ is closed to new replies.