Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox float suspension fluid
  • djen83
    Free Member

I’d like to service my Fox float 32’s and have just found the correct oil volumes on foxracingshox.com

it says I need FOX Green 10 wt & FOX Float Fluid, do I need to go out and buy the specific FOX Green 10wt fluid? Or will any old 10wt. suspension do the trick? Seems like I’d be spending double to get the stuff FOX specifies – does it make much difference? What is the difference between FOX green and red 10wt?

Also – how often (milage or time) should FOX forks be serviced?

Cheers

Dave.

superfli
    Free Member

Just buy any motorbike fork oil, as long as its the same wt.
    You do need to get the Fox float fluid though, its really weighty oil and is only used on the foam ring, so it goes a long way.

djen83
    Free Member

cheers – just bought some of that fox float fluid in bulk

How often (miles or age) do they need servicing?

What is the difference between fox green and red fluid? (both 10 wt.)

Many thanks

reboundsuspension
    Free Member

There is a difference between Green & Red relating to its viscosity at temperature and how that would effect its damping properties. So if you want to follow Fox advice then it is there for a reason, albeit a very technical one. Many people experiment with different types and brands though from Synthetic motor oils to automatic transmission fluid. You won’t risk damage at the approx correct viscosities though you will change the characteristics of your forks performance

Taff
    Free Member

AS an amateur I probably wouldn’t notice the difference between the oils as stated by reboundsuspension but I do prefer Rockoil in comparison to Silkolene. I do have some fox stuff leeft but don’t use it. You can change the oil as often as you like but I would say if you cover a lot of mileage it may be worth changing the oil every 6 months and doing a seal and oil change every year. Change the deal after the crappy winters have passed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox float suspension fluid’ is closed to new replies.