Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox Float servicing.
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

How difficult are the bushings in a pair of Fox floats to replace? Also are the difficult forks to service, and where is the best place to buy the spares?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

check out mojo website all on there fella videos the lot.

Loco tuning is good to for servicing

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve thought about changing the bushes myself. I haven’t because I’m a s**t house but got some advice.
    To remove the bushes I was told to use a washer that has been filed down so that it fits through the bush and then you should be able to flip it so it catches the outer edge of the bush, then use some threaded bar to pull the bush out. Before you have a go remember to measure how deep they are in the fork leg.
    I also got told that they have to be sized for each fork, not too sure about this?
    To fit bush I imagine that you just tap them home.
    If you do manage to fit new ones can you post up a pictorial.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I have changed a few sets of Fox fork lower leg bushes. Its not that difficult…………if you have the tools. I made tools to do the job useing a length of threaded rod to extract the old bushes and a stepped tool to hook under to lock against the old bushes. Also made a drift tool to set the new bushes back into the lowers the correct depth. The bushes are different upper and lower. Differnt length and outside diametre. The only company I know of that sell bushes are Mojo. I would be a little carefull useing an old washer to extract the old bushes as if it digs into the side of the lowers it may damage the seating face for the bush.
    As for sizeing bushes, i`m not sure about that. The bushes are split so could be made smaler to run tighter on the stanchions but I cant imagine that is a good thing. I have never been offered any alternative sizes when buying so i think it may be a bit of a red herring. If anyone knows differently please let me know.
    One other thing to watch for, I have re-built a few sets of forks that look like dirty water was passing the worn top seal. Then the bike is left for some time. The water causes corrosion on the inside of the fork lower. The particles mix with the dirty water / oil and make for a pretty nasty grinding soup that gets imbedded in the bushings. Try to clean that off before rebuilding and replacing bushes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float servicing.’ is closed to new replies.