Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Float 32 Vs 36
  • st

So setting cost aside for a moment is a current model 32 Float the better of the 2 options at 140-150mm

As the 36 can internally set to either 140 or 150 is it even worth considering the reduced weight of the 32?

Contemplating them as an option on a new frame Banshee Spitfire which looks like it would be happ with either fork.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its got to be a 36 for a spitire surely?

jackthedog
    Free Member

I decided I didn’t need 36s so went for 32s.

My mate went for 36s.

When I saw his bike next to mine I wished I’d gone for 36s.

Hairychested
    Free Member

36 will give you more confidence as it looks meaner. It’s that simple.

xiphon
    Free Member

36s are also stiffer with the 20mm axle, which is noticable under hard braking.

Different forks I know, but I can see my 32mm Boxxers flexing under hard braking, but my 40mm monsters didn’t budge. Quite scary at first, but I’m used to it now..

I_Ache
    Free Member

Evan just for the psychological factor i.e. the crown is bigger so you feel more confident, this makes the 36s worth it

slowrider
    Free Member

I compared a 140mm float 32 with tapered steerer and qr15 back to back with a float 36 with standard steeerer set at 140mm. the difference is massive but then I suppose it should be for the extra lb. float 32 was a lovely fork, really supple and just felt good. it did my head in pushing it hard on rocky stuff becuase in terms of damping performance it wasnt out of its depth like some motion control forks can be, it just flexed too much. both fore and aft under braking but also side to side deflection which was much harder to compensate for; think forcing your tyre in to an off-camber surface for some grip, then a root or rock twisting your wheel while you hold the bars straight.

this is where the 36’s were so much better; kind of mini dh type riding. absolutely solid, no defelction on any plane that i could feel anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 32 Vs 36’ is closed to new replies.