Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox DHX 5 Coil – Boost Valve
  • hitman
    Free Member

Anyone out there running less than 125psi in the boost valve? Fox reckon that you shouldn't go below this but it seems to make for a very harsh ride. Push tune??

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you look on the boost chamber I'm sure it says seventy five to three hundred. One fifty is the pressure it was designed around. Not sure pushing really helped mine much. It's not one of their best shocks. Doesn't help that the last third of the travel on my bike seems to be falling rate. Not best for a coil shock

grantway
    Free Member

Have you had Fox put the correct Boost Valve in for your weight?

Onzadog
    Free Member

correct boost valve? My understanding was that it was a variable preesure, variable volume chamber behind the floating pistion that alters the gradient and shape of the spring curve. I did nthink there was a part to physically replace.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Fox say 125 to 200 psi any lower will run the risk of cavitation. Try 150 psi with the boost valve wound to full volume.

twohats
    Free Member

It also depends on how old the shock is. Minimum pressure on earlier shocks was 75psi.

Anyone out there running less than 125psi in the boost valve? Fox reckon that you shouldn't go below this but it seems to make for a very harsh ride. Push tune??

Have you got the correct spring for your weight?
    Too much Pro Pedal maybe?
    The boost valve only effects the last half of the shock travel and should have no bearing on how the shock "feels" in the initial stage, that's the Pro Pedals job!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The boost valve only effects the last half of the shock travel and should have no bearing on how the shock "feels" in the initial stage, that's the Pro Pedals job!

That's what Fox say but it's not true, boost pressure and bottom out effect the whole stroke, have a play around with the psi and see how it even effects sag in a big way….

hitman
    Free Member

Interesting reading some of the contradictory replies. As I stated in my first post fox say that the air pressure should be at least 125psi. I know you're not supposed to exceed 200psi on this. I'm getting the correct amount of sag so the spring is correct for my weight. Just wondered if people generally were running lower than this to reduce small bump harshness – a known issue with this shock. Thanks for your help anyway folks, think I'm going to try a push tune after christmas 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox DHX 5 Coil – Boost Valve’ is closed to new replies.