• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fox air can service parts.
  • chopperT
    Free Member

I called in to my LBS yesterday to pick up an aircan service kit for my fox rear shock. They denied the existence of such parts, and advised sending the whole shock for service (££££).
    Hey ho says I, stripped my shock and headed to my local seal house, who kindly supplied the following:

1x 215Q (Air sleeve quad ring) £1
    2x 215 PTFE backups 60p ea
    1x 218Q (Air piston quad ring) 80p
    2x 218 PTFE backups 80p ea
    1x 126N70 Air sleeve seat o-ring 10p
    1x 028N70 Air chamber o-ring 8p
    1x 1-1/16×1.335×0.102 AN Wiper £1.30

and the DU bushes, 1/2×19/32×1/2 x2, 80p ea.

Those are all standard industrial seal part numbers, so any good seal/bearing shop should be able to help you out.
    I realise that the all up cost is not far away from the Fox kit from Mojo et.al., but this stuff was just around the corner, and those numbers might help if you are in a jam.

walleater

Cool, but your LBS must be idiots as the Float / RP2/3 seal kit is widely available (around 12 bucks in B.C. so presumably around £6 in the UK) Don't forget your Float Fluid 😉

chopperT
    Free Member

Yes I indeed suspect that the LBS flunky was an idiot, but I wasn't about to enter into an argument with him, so I took my business elsewhere (after purchasing Float Fluid!).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That's good info there fella, well done! I've recently been buying Rockshox O rings at knock down prices for similar reasons, so I'm going to copy and save those numbers as well. Cheers!
    🙂

uplink
    Free Member

The full seal kit with enough Fox Fluid for 2 air can services is £10 from Mojo
    http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Seal_Kits.html

but well done with those part numbers – I'll bookmark that for later use

BTW the part number for the DU bushes is 08DU08

RicB

Float fluid is 85wt gearbox oil iirc. Probably also available elsewhere for much less than Fox rrp

The-Beard

forgive my ignorance, but if you've got a shock that's been PUSH tuned is it still the same bits'n'pieces required ot service the air can or do they do anything to it that will require the shock going back to them? I just got a second hand frame with a PUSH tuned shock which could do with some TLC.

sv

Just had two seal kits arrive this morning – doh!

Edit: Mojo arent exactly making too much profit on a seal kit then!

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Hey good skills, which shock unit is this for tho?

Cheers

brakes
    Free Member

all of them isn't it? you just need an extra large O ring for the DHX Air

brakes
    Free Member

not as in 'extra large' but as in an additional one of the large ones

D0NK

googling seal house only came up with this

🙂
    Any ideas what sort of shop I could get this stuff from? (bolton /manchester for preference)

chopperT
    Free Member

Funny Donk. Sorry, I forgot the "UK factor", as in your local seal factor, or bearing factor. Use your yellow pages for local hydraulic or pneumatic seal suppliers, many bearing suppliers do seals too.

infradig
    Free Member

see classifieds for same kit as mojo for £8

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello thebeard push tuning is the kind of internal dampening of the shock the air chamber is simply a form of air spring for want of a better term. The oil and seals ware out so should be replaced every six to 12 months.

This is a simple procedure however you don't want to scratch the housing were the seals sit. grip and remove the dust seals with pliers etc and use a dental pic with a slight curve to it's tip to stab the seal and then lever it out. Avoid any contact with the alloy casing of the air can. One last thing always empty all the air out before removing the air can compress the shock a few times in your hands and then open the air valve again.

If when you've let all the air out there's still a lot of resistance to turning the air can to remove it could be air trapped in the negative chamber. Either leave it alone or stick your full face on and goggles looks stupid but so do missing teeth.

Hopefully that made sense.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I wish i was as clever as to be able to quote the fox service instructions!

D0NK

Anyone tried to get these parts in UK? Google-ing the part numbers brings up lots of US seal/oring sites but as soon as you limit it to a UK search you only get this thread. Went into the local Brammer and they said "none of those codes mean anything to us and you're having a laugh if you think we sell anything for 8p" Any chance these codes are US only?

retro83
    Free Member

uplink – Member
    BTW the part number for the DU bushes is 08DU08

Brilliant, thanks for that

LoCo
    Free Member

It'll be interesting to see if the shock 'sticks down' as a result of the negative air seal/main air seal on the body of the shock being not quite right, keep us posted.

Just noticed how old this thread is, any up dates on this Chopper T??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fox air can service parts.’ is closed to new replies.