Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox 2011 forks
  • backhander
    Free Member

Sooooo… They're niiiiice.
    Is anyone clued up enough to tell me wether the 36 TALAS RC2s are worth the extra wonga over the 36 TALASS Rs? I've read the blurb but my mind keeps wondering everytime I read open barf or whatever.
    Also, is anyone else of the opinion that a set of £900 forks should come with a shock pump? I've heard that these don't.
    Any help much appreciated.

FuzzyWuzzy

My 2011 32 Float's came with a shock pump, given the already silly pricing though it wouldn't have been a deal breaker if they came without.

toons
    Free Member

My 2011 Fox 36's Float RLC came with a pump.

auricgoldfinger

Not sure what the price difference is, but perhaps I'd ask myself whether I need the TALAS? I've had/have various flavours of Fox, and I must say that the regular Floats feel much plusher than the TALAS versions, which I unscientifically put down to the travel gubbins in the TALAS fork. Also found that I got closer to full travel out of the Floats too. The difference in damper – well the open bath ones will no doubt be nice (and there will be more oil in the damper side lower to lube the bushes) but if the current FIT damped forks are anything to go by then i'm sure the 2011 ones will be very nice – they are the best damped forks I've ridden (having had Magura, Rockshox and Manipoo as well in recent years). Comparing non-fit 32's with a 2010 Float 32 main difference was that the fork felt more controlled, with better compression damping and felt more controlled through the whole stroke whereas the previous version felt at times more prone to diving through the travel on faster hits.

Whether you need the RC2s or not – well depends if you like fiddling with knobs. You'll be able to better tune the compression damping of the fork to suit your needs as you can dial it for low speed trail chatter and higher speed bigger hits. Given the kind of riding you'll be doing on the 36 then might be worth considering.

Personally, if it was me, I'd get the Float RC2 and ditch the TALAS, as I think on the whole I would rather compensate for the incrased front end height on the climbs with my ride position to get the benefit of a plusher fork on the downs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox 2011 forks’ is closed to new replies.