Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Found Yeti 575, Sheffield.
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Has anyone ‘lost’ a Yeti 575. Just seen one in property at work (SYP), top notch spec, XTR, Fox, Formula R1 brakes.
    Let me know and I’ll find out who is dealing with it.
    Trevor.

thorpie
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one has any knowledge of this being stolen. Recovered by South Yorkshire Police and as yet no owner!

Leku
    Free Member

Just posted this on Yetifan forum.

thorpie
    Free Member

Thanks.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I guess you’re a policeman / woman thorpie. It’s nice to see someone posting here, officially or not.

grum
    Free Member

I’ll have it if no-one wants it.

Scapegoat

There is no reason to suppose the bike’s owner doesn’t know it’s there. There’s more to police property than found or recovered stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of several potential scenarios at least where the owner will be aware it’s there. What sort of label did it have on it Thorpie?

thorpie
    Free Member

I am a police officer. It is property other than found (stolen). It was recovered from an arrested kids flat.

Scapegoat

Does the arresting/seizing officer not know who it belongs to?

kayak23

It’s mine..
    It’s um… turquoise?

thorpie
    Free Member

Don’t think so scapegoat, hence my post. Haven’t managed to speak with the OIC yet but it certainly wasn’t showing up as reported stolen when I looked.

toys19
    Free Member

scapegoat, are you a cop too? This is a good thing that thorpie is up to why are you hassling him?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

One of my riding buddies had a 575 stolen this time last year – spec sounds right apart from the brakes which were Hope (I think).

It was a team turquoise, size large and the carbon chain-stay on the drive side had just started to come adrift where it’s bonded to the alloy yoke.

To be honest, he wouldn’t want it back! Email in profile if it sounds like it could be the one…

thorpie
    Free Member

I will check tonight when I go to work Shibboleth transmission on it looks pretty new though.

Scapegoat

I’m not hassling him toys, I’m just curious. Thorpie, I’m not getting at you, but email me, email in profile.

toys19
    Free Member

fair enough, I’m not looking for an easy target here, scapegoat (bdum tish)
    Can you decent lot get in contact with Exeter cops and ask them to find my bike?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stolen-on-one-macinato-blue-exeter

Carbone
    Free Member

I have one go too , small in team colours, alloy back end , I pointed it out to the police the guy who sold it (and my wifes scott genius )on fleabay but nowt happened , cant say I’m too impressed with the cops.

thorpie
    Free Member

I have spoken with the officer in charge of this case, the probable rightful owner of this is still not known. It is plastered over as many media channels as possible but up to now, to no gain. I hope we can get this back to the true owner!

thorpie
    Free Member

Shibboleth, the carbon swing arm is intact so I don’t think it’s that one.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Found Yeti 575, Sheffield.’ is closed to new replies.