Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Stolen On One Macinato Blue Exeter
  • toys19
    Free Member

My beloved Blue On One Macinato Fixed has been hoiked from my side shed. Musta left the door open, I am gutted.
    It is a size small, in blue and as pretty a bike as you could see. Broken hearted. Eyes peeled in Exeter area please.
    Cant find any pics.
    Tyres are red.
    It has a set of eigth inch bars on it like these in raw alloy with black bar tape.

Otherwise it looks like the bike in this this vid.

[video]http://vimeo.com/25774033[/video]

chrssmale
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate. I’ll keep an eye out for it. What part of Exeter was it taken from?

superstu
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Feel for you 🙁

toys19
    Free Member

Heavitree mount pleasant area.

yunki
    Free Member

Ah, you must be gutted..
    Is Raleigh Rd still the centre of community wholesomeness that it was when I was a lad?
    I’d be peering through windows up there as my first port of call..

On a more positive note, you could look at this from the perspective that the thieving toerag has done you a favour, as I’m sure the chafing stops when you give your sister her jeans back..

I’ll keep my eyes peeled, and it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on EBay for the next month or two IME..

toys19
    Free Member

Here it is, keep yer eyes peeled I am now offering £100 reward cash.
    Apart from now it has token pedals.

amedias
    Free Member

Will keep my eyes peeled for you 🙁

when was it taken, last night?

toys19
    Free Member

I think it was taken on tuesday or wednesday, I have been away all week,came back last night, noticed it missing this morning. Was taken along with a very tired old Giant xtc850.

toys19
    Free Member

PS contact me at myusername at hotmail of the com

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

That’s a pretty distinctive bike, I work in Exeter so will keep an eye out for it.

toys19
    Free Member

thanks mark, much appreciated.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes peeled down in Plym, just incase it ventures down this way.

toys19
    Free Member

Just had the Police visit, mega helpful, none of us hopeful though.

dexa

I’ll keep my eyes peeled, I am the other side of Exeter.

rexated
    Free Member

North Devon here. Peepers are peeled.

I bet the thriving scrotes don’t even appreciate the logo/valve alignment 🙄

toys19
    Free Member

Don’t forget Exeter peeps, there is a £100 reward on this now.

thepublican
    Free Member

Eyes peeled in St James area from me mate. I had a bike stolen in heavitree and it was retrieved within hours by local beat bobbies-they know who the local tea leaves are quite often. Mine was being ridden down sidwell street when they collared him… good luck.

toys19
    Free Member

Nice one cheers.
    Have sent pics and info to the PCSO’s, was pleasantly surprised by their keen interest. I’m just hitting the publicity trail now.

Del

dude this sucks. i’ll keep an eye open and forward. 🙁

texas
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out!
    I commute from St Davids to Sowton by bike daily

toys19
    Free Member

Thanks for your consideration peeps.
    I’m sure with the motivation of £100 somebody will be able to find this..

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I too work in and around Exeter. I will keep my eyes peeled and spread the word.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Bad luck mate,

Will keep my eyes open around town. Seems to be a fair bit of bike theft in our sleepy little corner of the world at the moment.

Might be worth asking the following facebook groups to put up a picture too;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116462025066890/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/262120389216/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/331456370211988/

toys19
    Free Member

keep looking folks, my bike was spotted twice last weekend, and I’ve had some information that it was advertised on gumtree yesterday for a short while for £50..

toys19
    Free Member

Now recovered. Happy days. 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Great result!

toys19
    Free Member

cheers I had some great help from the local eyes and ears, and a dose of luck..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I love a happy ending.

drlex
    Free Member

Nice one!
    Hopefully lack of detail is so as not to prejudice legal proceedings against the scrote responsible for the theft.

imnotverygood

perp apprehended?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Not often that happens mate – pleased for you.

thepublican
    Free Member

Yaay!

Del

😀

toys19
    Free Member

I guess you are thirsty for details?

It was a stroke of luck really, but they say a brave man makes his own luck..

I made mine by constantly patrolling around the local park and adjacent tower block estate where the bike had been spotted, and was on the logical path from my house. Which was a horrid experience and ruined two weekends in a row..

Every time I had a reason to go out I would make sure I did a quick circuit of the zone of likely bike recovery.

I got a bit obsessed, and quite miserable.

Anyway this weekend I had all but given up, I was doing some DIY, just before lunch on sat, and need to go to B&Q. So I thought “oh well a chance I suppose to go through yucky zone and look for my bike”.

I was just about 500 meters from the Park when of very kind person called me to say he had just seen my bike crossing the Park towards my end. So I burned down there, to see him cross in front of me and go up a side road, I nearly ran the fecker over.

Anyway he ducked into the side entrance of the coral Betting Shop, which is on the corner of the main/sideroad, with the bike. I found him seconds later, bike propped against a fruit machine, wasting his money.
    I picked up the bike, he claimed he bought it at the car boot for £50, I offered to pay him the £50 once the cops arrived and verified who he was, as I was dialing he ran away..

I’m currently basking in a glorious glow of smugness.

Cops are recovering CCTV and will distribute his image at morning briefing.

The bloke who called me was a chap who I had approached the weekend before whilst searching, he has a job locally which gives him excellent proximity tot the zone of likely recovery. He had had been looking obsessive all week and studying the photo to make sure he knew the bike exactly. He got his well deserved 3100 reward.

toys19
    Free Member

£100 reward, typo..

allthepies
    Free Member

Great story, well done! The cops will know him I’m sure, what they can do about it on the other hand….

And usual disclaimer applies: He knows where you live and that the bike will be there etc etc

toys19
    Free Member

He knows where you live and that the bike will be there etc etc

This had me worried, but then he knew where I lived before I recovered the bike..

yunki
    Free Member

good work!! 😀

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Stolen On One Macinato Blue Exeter’ is closed to new replies.