Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • found garmin at ladybower
  • paule
    Free Member

Found a garmin GPS at ladybower on Sunday. If it’s yours, email me a description of it and about one or two of the saved rides and I’ll get it back to you…

rickmeister
    paule
    Free Member

Sadly not, as Simon’s a friend of mine so it’d be easy to return

Onzadog
    Free Member

Someone mentioned to keeper of the Peak that they’d lost one on potato alley.

paule
    Free Member

This was on the gravel track on the eastern side of the reservoirs…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sounds like it was a bad week for garmins.

benslow
    Free Member

Just a thought, and I’ll get this in first, I’m a basic Garmin Edge user ….

But when connected to Garmin connect it gets your device serial number so I imagine Garmin have a record of what email address is registered to that number ?

Wonder if you can backtrack that way or contact Garmin, etc .. ?

paule
    Free Member

Already emailed them to ask if they can do that, but ta for the suggestion!

stumpy120
    Free Member

Someone on this thread on UKC has lost one at ladybower:http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=585008

tonyg2003

I was reading the lost garmin thread earlier and I got the indelible marker pen out and wrote my mobile number on the back of ours… it might be worthwhile sometime.

Dogsby

I have programmed mine to display my name and mobile number on start up. It is really easy to do and there was a link posted on here to the website instructions on how to do it,

Dogsby

muddy9mtb

Is there any information on here about how to stop them falling out of their bracket????

tonyg2003

The start up message item is a good idea although we have 500+200 not 510, so we cant use the message idea.

christhetall
    Free Member

Paule – you have mail !!!

But then again have just seen where you found it and it’s unlikely to be mine.

christhetall
    Free Member

Is there any information on here about how to stop them falling out of their bracket????

Until this weekend I’d assumed this was highly unlikely ! I’m convinced I must have knocked mine out going through a gate – have frequently hit the stop button doing this, and have got into the habit of checking it’s still recording. I’m convinced I spotted it was missing within a 100 yards, but extensive searching around the gate was fruitless.

muddy9mtb

only had it a few months and nearly lost it around rosedale abbey (came off but managed to find it amongst the heather), to date I’ve lost count how many times it has come loose and looks like even with an expensive mount it’s never going to be secure. THUS I am going to design something to ensure better security. I’m thinking a 3D printed hook glued onto the device and held securely with cord similiar to how tv’s etc are secured in an office

….watch this space
    PS – I do like the ability to programme your number will defo be giving that a go

muddy9mtb

I’ve started a new thread on my security feature above… so any reply’s direct yourself here please http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/garmin-edge-800-and-similar-how-to-stop-it-coming-loose-from-mount

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘found garmin at ladybower’ is closed to new replies.