Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Forum Challenge – Help me identify an old animation
  • angeldust
    Free Member

Heres a challenge for the collective memory/knowledge of the forum.

I’m trying to identify a short animation shown on UK television (possible on LWT, London Weekend television) from about 25 years ago, which I have a vague memory of (I was only ~5-10 years old). It involved faceless animated robots dressed in eveningwear playing in an orchestra. I think classical music was played throughout. Also involved some sort of spaceship.

Google search hasn’t come up with anything apart from someone looking for the same thing (which at least makes me beleve I’m not making it up). They suggest that the orchestra was playing while Venice was sinking. I don’t remember this bit but I was only 5 and probably didn’t know what Venice was…

I seem to remember it was shown in the evening between programs, was not more than a couple of minutes long. I don’t think it was an advert for anything, just a stand alone animation. For some reason I had a dream about it recently, and out of interest I’d like to see it again. As always, thanks in advance for any help.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Ahem, first 5 hits of googling robots, orchestra, venice !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_wRgBS5lI

angeldust
    Free Member

Many thanks. Clearly your google skills are much better than mine. Animation is much, much less impressive than I remembered!

tragically1969
    Free Member

No problem…

Clearly your google skills are much better than mine

I will take that as a compliment…

Pook

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL??!??
    😯

Harry_the_Spider

I remember that being cool when I was a kid… but it is a bit lame now.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I remember that, at the time it was amazing, now, not so much

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Funny thing is, I immediately thought of [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThMmLVWZo8[/video]

doc_blues
    Free Member

ooooooooooooooooooooooo – I was big on that when I was younger – had completely forgotten about it though

Harry_the_Spider

The speed that the spaceman’s seat moves at would make him barf inside his hat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Forum Challenge – Help me identify an old animation’ is closed to new replies.