Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Forum alerts? (not for here BTW)
  • HarryTuttle

I've been asked by one of the sales directors at work if it's possible to get google alerts but targeted to specific websites (forums). Daftly I said I thought it was, but a few minutes on google later and I have to concede I don't know how. So before I admit my failure does the STW hive mind know how to do this?

What I need is an e-mail alert if a specific key word or words appears but limited to several specific domains. Can it be done?

I should point out this has nothing to do with STW, bikes etc.

konabunny
    Free Member

something to do with an rss reader…?

HarryTuttle

No, RSS will not do it as it's too specific and relies on the source site. Google alerts is almost what I'm looking for but specifically aimed at a handful of web domains so the search terms can be very broad.

I can't believe no one else wants to do this, and therefore the answer must be out there. I just can't find it….

konabunny
    Free Member

How many sites do you need to monitor? Can't you just use a search term like this in the wee search term box?:

singlespeed OR bombers OR "wee in his shoes" site:singletrackworld.co.uk

Can't quite see how to get it to search multiple sites at once, though. If it were LexisNexis you could do nested searches. My search-fu is weaker than it was…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Forum alerts? (not for here BTW)’ is closed to new replies.