Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Formula the one, pad retaining bolt
  • gixerator
    Free Member

My bolt head is chewed and am trying to replace, I can get a bolt kit for £24 (how much!!!!) but have noticed that silver fish show an upgrade bolt for the R1 (in blingy gold)

Does anyone know if they are the same?

Thanks,

philfive
    Free Member

Just use some split pins like I had too 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The Hope ones fit (from the Tech V2).

I lost one, and saw the price (!), tried out out of curiousity I had in the spares box & it fitted fine.I’m sure Hope sell them seperately.

gixerator
    Free Member

Many thanks I will google it now

stayhigh

I used a paper clip on my rear Oro 24 for about three years without any noticible difference.

I did recently but a set of anodized ones from Toronto Cycles which were £7 iirc. Cant remember where exactly on the site but in there somewhere. They only took a few days to turn up but I wasnt that impressed with the finish which had several chips.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 spit pins

chojin
    Free Member

Gixer, funnily enough my bolt has done exactly the same thing (Formula RX), the head appears to be made out of slightly warm butter :/

24 quid for a new one? They can go **** themselves! Can you let me know how you resolve it and if the hope one fits?

philfive
    Free Member

honestly split pins are the answer, they cost peanuts and are just as good, ok they don’t look as good but who can see your brake pad pins at 20 MPh 😀

gixerator
    Free Member

I cant find a hope one seperately, I will email silver fish. taking on board the split in advice, this will be the third option.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Formula the one, pad retaining bolt’ is closed to new replies.