Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Formula R1 disc pads
  • downhilldave

Just bought some Formula R1 brakes which are very squeely 😮 in the wet. Are there any identification marks re sintered or organic. They don’t look like sintered, ie metal content in the pad. Should i run sintered in the Northern gloop?

Janesy
    Free Member

The ones that come included are organic. No good in the wet.
    Run sintered.

d45yth
    Free Member

Yeah, the standard pads are utter shog dite in the wet! Chain Reaction normally do good deals on sintered if you buy a few pairs.

downhilldave

Thanx guys, what pads do you recommend. Formula? Goodridge?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i used the ones from xcracer.com they were pretty good, probably goes without saying but give superstar a miss!

downhilldave

Already tried superstar for my M4 Mono’s. Nuff said. Whats the best xcracer or standard Formula? Not too bothered about the price, as long as the performance is top notch.

d45yth
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the xcracer ones but have been using the formula’s…I can’t complain, 1000 times better in the wet than the organics!
    I think I paid £15 each from CR, I had to buy four to get them for that price though.

downhilldave

Thanx d45yth, will give the Formula sintered a go.

bowglie

er…just out of interest – anyone know if the sintered Formula ones have a black backing plate?

I’ve some unused R1 pads that were given to me by previous owner, but they’re not in their original packaging. The pads currently in the brakes have pale gold-ish coloured backing plates – they’re not brilliant stoppers, so I just assumed organic pads, or brakes need new fluid…hmm(?)

p.s. rotors degreased & current pads cleaned & lightly sanded etc., but still lack real stopping grunt.

downhilldave

Thanx d45yth, will give the Formula sintered a go. Just ordered a set

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Formula R1 disc pads’ is closed to new replies.