Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • formula mega
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

anyone had any experience in them?

going cheap on formulas website and maybe in need of a set

nick

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got a mate with some. He bought them direct from Formula back in April. They feel really nice from the few goes I’ve had of them, and he loves them. Only had one issue during installation, which I did, and that was with Formula’s bloody centrelock adapters.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

they not got normal 6 bolt??

ahsf
    Free Member

i have had them on the DH bike 2.5 years an gone an got some for the allmountain bike now, no brake fade in the alps on 40min DH descent’s 203mm disc’s front an back.

jonnyseven

Got some from Merlin in July and found them to be really good. A bit too keen sometimes for an all mountain bike – they came with 200mm rotors. Merlin had them on offer -so with the 10% off for being registering as a VIP it worked out about the same as direct from formula.

portlyone

I’ve had mine for a few months. Had an issue with the front that caused me to exchange them under warranty. Not had any issues since then, including an alps trip.

Good feel, and good at stopping heavy riders 😉

Burchy1
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for about 9 months and love em. Recently did an Alps trip and they didn’t miss a beat. Id buy another set for my Hardtail if formula did the sets with 180mm rotors.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Great brakes, and powerful as hell, got them on my FS and Formula the ones on my HT, both fantastic.

mildred

They’re very powerful; I bought two sets with 203mm rotors direct from Formula, and they’re too much for the UK. Ended up buying some 180 & 160mm rotors for my trail bike, and they’re still ridiculously powerful. The rotors are quite expensive aftermarket so get the right size from the off.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They are very powerful; but I get around that by not pulling them as hard.

Radical, but effective.

mildred

Laugh? I nearly did!

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

would we say they are stronger than codes? or the newer avids?

mudpup
    Free Member

I have some of the Merlin ones – probably the nicest brakes i’ve used (mind you, i’ve only ever had Hopes in the past). Just left my 180/160 rotors on the bike and will probably sell the 200’s that came with the brakes. More than enuff power. Had to shorten the hoses and the bleed was really easy too.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

what brakes are you comparing them too?

mudpup
    Free Member

hope tech x2, mono minis and minis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘formula mega’ is closed to new replies.