Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Forks upside down over night question.
  • giantonagiant

It’s been about 7 weeks since I was out on the bike, but will be heading out for a ride tomorrow a.m.

Just had a quick look over it and see that the forks feel a bit ‘sticky’ and look dry around the seals.

Will it help if I leave them upside down over night?! And in the absence of any proper fork juice stuff, is there owt else I can work in there?

(Fox 36 with FIT – if memory serves me!)

Thanks!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have 36 talas, a few weeks ago they started grinding a bit and not sounding good, put them upside down overnight and they were good again the next morning. I must get into the habit of storing them upside down regularly, hardly ever do it.

iainc

any decent lube will help – finish line green often reccomended. Coincidentally, I wandered through my garage half an hour ago, thought that I hadn’t ridden the FS bike for a few weeks (Fox 32’s) so gave them a wee squirt with Fork Juice and a gentle up and down.

giantonagiant

Thanks. I’ll turn the bike over then!

Just read on another thread about Reverbs not liking upside down overnight…. anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

joelm76
    Free Member

I have been doing this http://www.tftunedshox.com/cleaningyoursuspension.aspx
    when I can be arsed after rides, seems to work really well. A little bit of oil (I just use chain lube) seems to go a long way to making them smoother for the next ride. If you try it tonight, leaving a bit of oil to seep down through the seal it may work for tomorrow

tthew

oil to seep down through the seal

except the clue is in the word ‘seal’

Yes, storing them upside down will help, as will pulling the seal back with your finger nail and dribbling a little oil down there. Probably should be proper fork oil, but I always used whatever was to hand, (except WD40 or GT85).

Actually, on Fox forks, can’t you prise the seal out without removing the lowers and lube the wipers properly?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Forks upside down over night question.’ is closed to new replies.