Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Forks for a Soul
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Robbed my Soul to build up the Chumba.

Now thinking about new forks (Pikes were overkill on it and better suited to the Chumba anyways)

Almost got a pair of F120 RLC 15QRs but Dipper didn't manage to secure the deal coz a big boy ran off with them all.

Current options are either a 120 maxlelite Reba

or

Talas 140 RLC QR. These currently the cheapest option as Dipper has a pair in stock.

Now I can see the benefits of the Talas (being able to switch between 100 and 120) and the Rebas (bolt through and compatible with existing wheels in the short term…). And also the flaws!

Any opinions? Other options worth considering?

simondbarnes

100mm rebas

metalheart
    Free Member

The maxle rebas can be set at 100. I quite like the idea that I can vary the travel between the two (albeit with some pfaff).

Run in the past on 125 (too high) and 110-120 which I liked better.

Vortexracing

I used to run Pushed pikes at 125mm most of the time.

Changed them to Reba Maxle 120mm teams, with the blackbox damping.

Bloody brill. As stiff as the pikes and the blackbox damping is on par with the push conversion. Suit the bike very well IMHO

don't miss the u turn feature at all.

And also the flaws!

what flaws?

metalheart
    Free Member

Vortex: I figured you'd show up!

I like the stiff as the Pikes bit.

Hmm…

si-wilson
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend?

I have a set of 2010 140 Float RLC qr version, brand new.

Vortexracing

Wouldn't want to dissapoint you 🙂

Only problem I have had is with the 2.25 Advantage on the front and a VERY muddy STW ride in the North yorks Moors a couple of weeks back.

Not much brace to tyre clearance. but to be honest the tyre is bloody massive.

metalheart
    Free Member

Si – sub £400. I was happier with Richard's previous deal if he coulda got them.

Aren't Floats fixed travel? At 140 too big for the Soul…

Vortex: you didn't, I was almost tempted to a 'paging' for you. Still looks nice in custard I must admit.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You can change the travel of floats internally to whatever you like i think. You use spacers that are available from mojo. They apparently feel a bit smoother than Talas' aswell

metalheart
    Free Member

David, didn't know that.

Vortex yup that clearance looks pretty tight… another hmmm…

metalheart
    Free Member

Well finally made my mind up: TALAS coz they were the cheapest option (and should be pretty much suit the bike to boot).

Added wider bars as I was impressed with them on the Chumba…

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i went with a set of reba sl 120mm maxle light, brand new £240 off evil-bay

reckon the talas 32 would work quite as well, it have a 15QR version on another HT

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Surely it's all about U-Turns so you can get the best of both worlds, something likethis?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Forks for a Soul’ is closed to new replies.