Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fork woes and servicing
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a tired pair of 05 Manitou Splice Elite. They were OK once upon a time but now they aren’t. Can a service revive even the most weary set of forks?

Finances, or lack of, mean that I can’t replace them but I could just about stand the cost of a service if it was going to make a substantial improvement.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably cost you £40 to service yourself, thats if you can still get parts for them.

You could probably get a decent set of oldish marzocchis off ebay, that will perform better and last longer, for about £50.

Harry_the_Spider

Wooo… purple ones!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I cant access the link, but I see it contains the words “purple” “cycling” and “hash” so a wooo indeed.

z1ppy

purple and all for £8.95 + a £5 P&P

As per Dave, go for something like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marzocchi-MX-Comp-Forks-100-mm-/290560414079?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item43a6c0117f

or place an ad in the wtd section asking for a set (MX’s not MZ’s) and don’t pay over £50.

D0NK

AFAIK a full service should have them like new, unless something is seriously worn/broken in which case TF will contact you before going ahead with work. presume other firms do the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fork woes and servicing’ is closed to new replies.