Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fork setup query…
  • funkynick

I’ve just had a watch of the video in the BOS interview where Nico is riding the Deville fork.

From the point where he is compressing the forks almost all the way when they are stood around at the beginning to how far he seems to be into the travel for the rest of it, it seems he has his forks set far softer than I would, not that I have a BOS fork mind.

So, I’m just wondering is it that I have mine set up far too hard? However when I am sat of the bike I get about the right amount of sag.

Or is this a case of as it’s an advert for BOS, the forks are set up like that to make them look very supple and active…

retro83
    Free Member

just personal taste. It’s strange on the vid, they don’t actually look that active to me once he’s riding.

jedi

i set my forks and rear very progressive

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    funkynick

It’s just that they seemed far softer than I’d think of running them, and he had almost full travel in places where I thought he wouldn’t… and seeing as he does know how to ride a bike, I was thinking that maybe he knew better…

Jedi.. by progressive you mean that they move easily and you use a lot of travel all the time?

wwaswas

I set my forks up ‘soft’ – they either have lockout or lock down for the boring bits.

jedi

i mean that compression ramps up as the travel gets used.

funkynick

Aaaah right.. gotcha…

I presume though that would be a feature of the fork itself, and not something that would be possible to do by fiddling with the adjustments/air pressures on the fork?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fork setup query…’ is closed to new replies.