Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fork on Ebay – Dangerous?
  • TheChunk
    Free Member

Take a look at this fork on Ebay. Please tell me if I'm mistaken but it looks like they've taken out the brake bosses and the 3 piece lowers are coming apart?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220630221708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

foxyrider
    Free Member

Barge pole – Touch – Noooo

mudmonster
    Free Member

158mm stem 🙂

sssimon
    Free Member

yep that's borked

TinMan
    Free Member

It was the brake boss bolts that hold the lower stanchion to the upper bridge section. Without them they will come apart. Early cheap Mazz design

swampi
    Free Member

yes i had a set of early maz forks and yes they require the brake bosses in to stop them coming apart,they may be ok once you fit the correct bosses but who knows what damage may have been done by riding them like that

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Shud be ok yur wait will push them back 2gethar if they cum apart when yur ridding

Mintman
    Free Member

😕

Mark Datz – Member
    Shud be ok yur wait will push them back 2gethar if they cum apart when yur ridding

The man's got a point, perhaps they'll be ok unless you do too many jumps…

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

#
    Mark Datz – Member

Posted 1 hour ago # Report-Post

once again a try hard who is funny as aids!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Did Marzocchi make 29er forks back then? I thought they were a recent hing, those forks (if they are 3 pice) would be 2002 or earlier?

you can see where they are coming apart already

Saccades
    Free Member

Loads of dodgy forks on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pace-RC40-fighter-Carbon-Mountain-Bike-Forks-/230495827000?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item35aa9f3438

Fighters with 130mm travel? The forks have been relabelled at some point (although he does describe the travel correctly in the blurb).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Caveat Emptor and all that

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fork on Ebay – Dangerous?’ is closed to new replies.