Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • fork for my 456
  • paladin

Got an old 456 currently with a 100 recon solo air on it.
    Compared it with my lads 456 which has a 140 pike uturn on it, and I now have fork envy.
    So looking for something similar, but reasonably priced, I found the Sektor RL dual position (150/120) for £260. Anyone got these and can recommend (or not) them?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Revelation air?

I’ve got some dual air u turns and love them. Apparently they all broke as soon as they were ridden but that got sorted out by SRAM.

Light things a too.

Lester
    Free Member

What axle are your wheels?

paladin

Good point Lester, at the moment I have 9mm QR, but realise i’ll prob need to go to 15mm for a better choice of forks.
    I can live with that tho, if I buy a hub to suit, then I can have a bash at lacing up the spare rim I have in the shed.

convert

I’ve got exactly the same fork as your lad (assuming he has the old pike, not the new) sitting in the back of the shed for a few years having seen very(like very very) little use previously. 20mm bolt through though. Happy to give it a new home for very sensible money.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I’ve got the DPC Sektor RL on my 456 Evo. Love ’em.
    I wanted coil, adjustable travel and cheap. Cracking forks.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve got… the old pike…Happy to give it a new home for very sensible money

There’s your answer!

The old Pikes were fantastic forks. Not light or fancy, but just honest, robust kit. Pretty much like your 456, to be fair.

Mintman
    Free Member

I was torn between Pikes and Rev Air. I went Revs because the right pair at the right price came up on eBay and I’ve no regrets.

I think it’s also a suitable for me as I don’t do anything too gnarly so the rev is more than good enough for my purposes.

yunki
    Free Member

Convert – A pal of mine emailed me just last night asking about 20mm bolt thru options for his 456

– he’s on a restricted budget and your pikes could be just the ticket.. If the OP doesn’t want them could you drop me an email maybe..?

cheers

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not an old 456, but have a Carbon 456 which also has solo air Recons on them (130) and bit old with some cracks in the air assembly so looking to replace. I’m thinking of the new Pikes though :D. Think should go well on the c456 given the geometry, if I get a 140 or 150 Pike. Given the c456 also takes a tapered fork and the new Pikes are tapered. Likewise though, I need a bolt through wheel.

So new wheels, new forks. Makes me think should I instead consider just a new frame of the 650b variety and go 650b. Hmm. I really like the c456 though.

paladin

Cool, looks like I’m on the right track then…

Convert, could you possibly email me details of the fork please, my address in my profile, I can’t see yours there.

convert

Hi, just back from ride. I’ll drag them out of the shed and photograph them and email you and yunki. You get first dibs as OP 🙂

jambon
    Free Member

I can testify that a 160mm fork is fine on the downs for a 456 so nearly anything you fancy / can afford will do.

Mines a Wotan that goes to 120mm for climbs.

I reckon you’d appreciate the stiffness of a 15mm or 20mm hub.

matther01
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Fox 32 Talas FIT RLC Black Kashima 140-110 barely used which you can have for £260 + postage

Tapered and 15QR

paladin

Cheers matther, but tapered no use on my old 456. Straight steerer for me, so i’ll hang on and see what convert has to offer. Ta tho.

nick1962
    Free Member

Got the RS Sektor dual position forks on my 456.They made the trail come alive 🙂 I hate faffing with adjustable stuff ‘cos I often forget to readjust.The Sektors work well for me because when you drop to 120 for climbs you can set them to 150 so as soon as you go downhill and they compress past 120 they give you the full travel of 150 so you don’t need to stop at the top to readjust.Almost idiot proof but I still do occasionally forget to unlock the suspension completely on the compression knob on the other leg 😳

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have a set of 2009 20mm Rev dual air, U-turn 140mm on my 456 however they are coming off for the second time in quick succession as the conversion assembly for the high speed/gate compression/lockout has gone a knacker again and the +ve valve is now weeping air. I managed to pick up via ebay a set of marazocchi 55R’s 150mm coil sprung air assist 20mm axle for the princely sum of £75!!! OEM stock in box etc with papers from a well known bike shop selling via ebay.
    They are heavier but buttery smooth and stiffer laterally than the Revs with no brake flutter like I get from the Revs but then I am rather heavy and at the extreme pressure etc for the Revs and the hard riding that I put the forks through (hence the washer getting spun on the compression assembly).

jonba
    Free Member

Xfusion might be worth a look. Some cheap offerings.

convert

paladin & yunki YGM

yunki
    Free Member

thanks Convert – have passed the pics and info onto my mate.. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘fork for my 456’ is closed to new replies.