Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fork conundrum – DT Swiss EXM v. RS Revs
  • Rickos
    Free Member

DT Swiss EXM 150mm forks with Launch Control and good colours and that (including sexy black stanchions)

or

RockShox Rev RCT3 Dual Position Air jobbers with 15mm Maxle.

😕

Revs would be the safe choice and easier to service at home, but the DT’s are prolly stiffer and have longer service intervals anyway, so…what to do? *scratches head*

soops
    Free Member

I am just about to go back to fox forks from dt swiss. I have loved the dt’s but fox are easier to home service, no special tools needed that you can’t get hold of anyway!

Rickos
    Free Member

Aye, but looking at the videos on the DT website it looks like there’s only a funny prong tool that could probably be fashioned or bodged. What else specific is there for the current DT forks?

compositepro
    Free Member

I actually bought a pair of DT’s this afternoon because they were half price
    Last thing I had to do with the pace fork was the rc40’s and they were binned pretty quickly but for the money I think I will try them in the DT guise

Houns

DT Swiss all the way. Fox feel cr@p in comparison

sambob
    Free Member

DT are lovely, really smooth and light. Long service intervals too.

Rickos
    Free Member

Houns – 🙄 I’m talking DT or RS, not Fox.

Houns

Just saying 😡

sambob
    Free Member

He was just giving a comparison, be grateful, it’s christmas.

Northwind

Rickos – Member

the DT’s are prolly stiffer

Revelations aren’t massively stiff, but they’re far from squiggly- I’m aware of the difference when I switch from my Lyriks, but only as a thing to notice, not a thing to be bothered about. The wheel still goes where I put it. So unless you’re a gigantic beast, or obsessed about flex, I wouldn’t let that be a factor.

Rickos
    Free Member

Sambob – he knows I’m jesting.

I have my Christmas CRC vouchers and both these forks fit what I need/want, but I’m still none the wiser. I probably can’t go wrong with either, but some useful points would be good.

One question for EXM users – does the rebound have subtle enough change on the current models? I’ve heard that it can go from too slow to too quick in the matter of a click making them difficult to get spot on. Don’t know if that’s the older versions though. Anyone help on that one?

Houns

Rickos – I’ll be in the forest of Dean for a ride on the 29th, welcome to come along and you can ride mine then?

Rickos
    Free Member

I’d have loved to, but I’ll be oop North seeing family.

At the moment I’m thinking Revs, just as the safe option and I’ve had RS forks before. But then again…

billyboy
    Free Member

I have never really jelled with RS forks in the past (old Rev Dual Air U turns and Pike Dual Air U turns) but the new Rev RLT Ti Dual Position 20mm bolt thru forks seemed the best cheapest option (from On One) for my recent 325.5 build so I went for it…………..AND I’M IMPRESSED. They don’t immediately shout at you. It creeps up on you when you are going down the local boulder strewn descent where you would normaly be getting knocked off line all the time, and you realise you have way more authority over the trail than you’ve ever been used to in the past.
    Nice piece of kit.

I’ve still got Pace RC41s which I use a lot and really like, but they feel mildly less bombproof than these new Revs…20mm less travel aswell! Doubtless DT have developed the quality and feel of their product over the years since they bought Pace out.

sambob
    Free Member

Revs are very user friendly, and almost all Rockshox (except Lyriks) are super reliable. On the DT forks i tried, they were more supportive in the mid-stroke than Revs, less keen to use the travel but still nice and supple on both small and big stuff.

Rickos
    Free Member

You see, I’m liking what you’ve said about the DT’s there, sambob. Nice predicament, but it’s doing my head in!

billyboy – I had some 2010 Rev Teams and always found the dual air a bit of a faff to get just right. With only one valve to pump up I’m hoping the dual position forks are easier to set and forget.

sambob
    Free Member

Get the DTs then. Or buy both and give one set to me, eliminating your predicament and giving a fellow rider a new set of forks 😀

Rickos
    Free Member

Revs purchased! 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fork conundrum – DT Swiss EXM v. RS Revs’ is closed to new replies.