• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DWH.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork advice please
  • ChrisF
    Free Member

I’m a bit out of the loop on what is good/reliable/available etc and I know you guys aren’t :o)

I need a new 100mm suspension fork for my singlespeed. I have been riding it rigid through the winter, but would like some suspension for the upcoming summer weather 😛

Budget around £350. Riding – mainly my local trails in the Peak (ie a fair bit of rubble and rocky stuff), I guess you’d call it XC – I ride up stuff, down stuff and along too. Occasional events/enduros/races. Don’t need lockout, but do need reliability. Thanks.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Most new forks are reliable, providing you service them often. If you want forks that are reliable and require no servicing, get some old marzocchis.

ChrisF
    Free Member

Don’t mind servicing them, provided it isn’t too often. My Sid WC forks on the race bike need servicing every 25 hours riding. I don’t want to have to do that.

rickon
    Free Member
    rickon
    Free Member

Still, I’d recommend a lowers service every 25 hours really, it’s very simple – turn the bike over, pop off the lowers, grease the seals, IPA the lowers and stanchions, check for wear, pop them back on.

RustyMac

How about These 2012 Reba’s?

In price range, can be reduced to 100mm with internal spacers, gives option of longer travel in future, choice of regular QR or 15mm axle, lots of support out there for rock shox forks with technical info easily available.

amedias
    Free Member

he’s right servicing is very simple, but it is also such a chore……

rickon
    Free Member

True, but if it saves you £250 on a new CSU I’d rather get a but oily once a month 🙂

DWH
    Free Member

Stick with the rigid fork Chris. If you have to service the things every 25 hours you’ll be doing it every two weeks 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork advice please’ is closed to new replies.