Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Forget Scotland
  • SaxonRider

Wales is my adopted home, and has been for the last 7 years. I’ve always thought I was lucky to live here, but driving from Lampeter to Cardiff today via the A482 and A40 through the Brecon Beacons, I was reminded why. It’s just stunning.

If you haven’t ridden here yet, you should. And as nice as it is, skip Cwmcarn and go deeper in.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Ssssh! It’s actually very crap, nothing to see and generally closed on Wednesdays.

druidh
    Free Member

Do what he says. Once you’ve seen the Brecon Beacons, Skye, Torridon and Sutherland are a yawn-fest.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I hope you were driving caerphilly.

duckman

😀 Druid, could you do me a shirt while the board is up 😆

sugdenr
    Free Member

Talking of yawns. I remember being recommended to drive the Big Sur, and upon doing so mused that the recommender had obviously never been to scotland or wales.

hugor
    Free Member

I live in Wales and love riding the Beacons too. Such a beautiful place.
    Interested in your comparison with Scotland as a yawn fest as I’ve never ridden there.
    The pics and blogs of Scotland look much nicer than the Beacons IMO and I don’t think my mtb experience woud be complete without a bike holiday there.

wrecker
    Free Member

Brecon Beacons are very small though.

devs
    Free Member

Most definitely forget Scotland. Go to Wrexham. It has everything you’ll ever need.

wallace1492
    Free Member

sugdenr – Member
    Talking of yawns. I remember being recommended to drive the Big Sur, and upon doing so mused that the recommender had obviously never been to scotland or wales.

Same here. Though Big Sur was lovely, it really was not what I was expecting.

The sheer beauty of Torridon with the majestic mountains filling the eye, the spectacular coastine, the ancient caledonian pine forest, it really is superb. Loch Maree with the crystal blue waters perched below the mighty slops of Slioch. Further round the coast the long lonely beaches of Gairloch and Gruinard Bay are a match for anything.

That is before passing Ullapool and heading into the vast, amazing wilderness that is Assynt.

Errrr you can keep Wales!

onehundredthidiot

Scotland is rubbish and Wales is much closer.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope you were driving caerphilly.

Enough with the cheesy gags.

mrchrist

AGREE……

I drove round tuscany last summer, looked a bit like the Yorkshire Dales IMO!

New Zealand looks like the souther half of Snowdonia.

Big Sur is no better than the scenic drive round the Great Orme in Llandudno.

The coast north of Barmouth looks a bit like Malibu (alright not quite a glamarous)

The view from the top of Snowdon (on a clear day) is (almost) as good as anything in the alps

etc etc etc……..

wrecker
    Free Member

Nowhere I’ve ever been to (UK or otherwise) comes anywhere close to British Colombia. Properly wild, an abundance of nature and breathtaking views everywhere you turn.

SaxonRider

I was only kidding about Scotland. It’s got its own charm, too. 😉

I really only wanted to comment on how nice Wales is. There is something special about it.

legend
    Free Member

There is something special about it.

the sheep/man ratio? 😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im really looking forward to getting down to Wales and riding some of the great looking trails down there.

Scotland, Wales or British Columbia, its all good.

I have friends in BC, so i cant wait to get and excuse to go over theere and do some riding.

Shame i hate flying.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Brecon Beacons are very small though.

Listen Dougal…these ones are small…those ones are far away.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Errrr you can keep Wales!

+ lots, haven’t you realised why we make the placenames so difficult to pronounce yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we talk about the rugby, too? 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Do what he says. Once you’ve seen the Brecon Beacons, Skye, Torridon and Sutherland are a yawn-fest.

sarcasm surely… 😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

No.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Forget Scotland’ is closed to new replies.