Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • For those heading into the Scottish Hills…
  • druidh
    Free Member

Many of you old-timers will already have, and use, a copy of Heading for the Scottish Hills in order to check against any interference in deer-stalking activities. A new Pilot Web Site has just been launched, bringing the service into the 21st century.

coastkid
    Free Member

also the glorious 12th soon,dont get mistaken for a grouse 😮 ie stay of heather except sundays!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

stay of heather except sundays!

I've no intentions of going near her any day of the week

geoffj

About time they updated the hill phones service. I can't help thinking that Android an iPhone apps would be useful too.

13thfloormonk

I quite enjoyed the detective work required to find out who the hell owns a particular estate, and how to phone them.

It still amuses me how surprised some of the stalkers are when you phone – "What? you want to ride your bike up which path? Sure, be my guest, good luck…"

Can someone confirm though, does deer stalking start in August as well? I thought it was september?

geoffj

Just a note to say that it would be good if you could all complete the questionnaire about the service. The team who have built it are very receptive to feedback and would really welcome your input.

The survey is linked from the page and also available here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2QR29ZR

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

13FM, stag stalking season is 1st July to 20th October. Hinds follow on through into February, but the stag season is the key one for the estates.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>I quite enjoyed the detective work required to find out who the hell owns a particular estate, and how to phone them.<

You might be intersted in this – makes fascinating reading:

http://www.whoownsscotland.org.uk/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘For those heading into the Scottish Hills…’ is closed to new replies.