Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • For the (PC) security conscious
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Anybody else find this quite unbelievable: –

Personal Internet Address & Password Logbook

Obviously, I don’t frequent this website – my wife found it in their brochure.

jota180
    Free Member

Waste of money, I just use Postit notes stuck to the side of the monitor

z1ppy

as much as I find that funny, do you really not believe ppl write out their password?

My ‘work’ experience is that they do, or simply use the same password with a differing number on the end (if the system allows it)… given the number of password your expected to remember, then change every couple of week, what do you really expect?
    Security using passwords is a bit of a joke really…

All my passwords are on phone in notes, admittedly in cryptically note form rather than just the “password” on display (eg: “std password + old tel number”)…

and going from Samuri’s posts on here, it would seem hopeless to try and be secure (though silly not to try), as passwords can be recovered from any number of electronic devices very easily, if ‘someone’ wants them badly enough….

jota180
    Free Member

as much as I find that funny, do you really not believe ppl write out their password?

No, I really do use Posit notes 😀

Not for my bank account but certainly PC login and passwords for forums etc

z1ppy

Jota, it wasn’t aimed at you… I’ve worked in the office environment, where security is apparently paramount, yet passwords are happily shouted across the room.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I simply hide my YOUREALLGAYLOL passwords within STW posts for safe keeping.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

hahaha I’m in joeydeacon’s account!!!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

bugger, you cracked the code!

wwaswas

*looks at joeydeacon a bit sideways and wonders why he’s posting as if he’s more than one person*

soobalias
    Free Member

randomjeremy
    Free Member

^^^ that image isn’t true though

mrdestructo

I once forgot the rar password to a collection of jpeg’s on my HDD. I set a dictionary cracker on it and after it had been running a bit it reported “ETA: greater than 2 years” I gave up. About a year later the password suddenly ‘became available’ to me in my memory and I gained access again, only to be disappointed at what was in the rar. (I hate her!)

Still, the security part was fun.

samuri
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘For the (PC) security conscious’ is closed to new replies.