Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FoD v Hopton Wood
  • jimster01

I have a free Saturday and am taking a mate to one of the above, done FoD on a few occasions but not done Hopton since the 90’s.

What would be a better day out?

Ruling Wyre out as we’ll need local knowledge and we have bad memories from there.

interstellar
    Free Member

I’m not sure if i did FoD wrong but i just didn’t like it when I went. Personally I found Hopton far better, much more challenging climbs with some nice descents too.

I won’t be rushing back to FoD but hope to do Hopton again this year

mboy
    Free Member

If you’re sticking to the way marked trails, then probably Hopton. It’s more immediately gratifying but the climbs are steep, so if you’re not fit, you’ll be off and walking a lot of them!

Verderers at FoD is ok for the first couple of times you do it, but it gets boring quickly. The Freeminers trail is a lot better, more varied, more natural feeling but still won’t excite if you’re after thrills.

I’d be asking nicely to get a guide though personally… The off piste riding at both is way better than anyone would ever know if they’ve not done it, but then so is the Wyre too. In fact, the Wyre is (for about 2-3 months of the year when it’s just about dry enough) my favourite place to ride and right now I’m in there 2/3 times a week!

CheesybeanZ

When you say FOD what heve you ridden – Verderers / Freeminers or off piste ?

jimster01

When you say FOD what heve you ridden – Verderers / Freeminers or off piste ?

Used to race there bitd and know dowies and a few off-piste parts

bigblackshed

I can put you I touch with a guide for the FOD if you want to know all of the dirty little secrets.

What Saturday were you thinking of?

jim25

Oh a guide, I might be interested with that, I know (what I think are some cool off piste trails) but only ones that I have done from riding various enduro events there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FoD v Hopton Wood’ is closed to new replies.