Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flyingdales moor – right of way question
  • rabyoung
    Free Member

It’s not in red…no you can’t

stevehine

No.

I wouldn’t worry about it though; it’s open moorland.

singletracksurfer

ar$e. wondered if it was a permissive route, as seen people using it.
    what is the best way to end the C2C ride (from Stony Leas)?

Thanks.

neninja
    Free Member

There’s likely to be grouse, lapwings, curlew, snipe etc nesting on the ground on the moors right now so if it’s not a ROW I’d avoid it.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its just a ‘track’, you have no legal right to ride it, but as there is no specific bylaw in place to specifically prevent you riding it, anyone is welcome to – which is why you’re seen people ride it. I’d happily ride it unless told not to by the landowner or their agent.

If it is a well established track, you probably won’t distub nesting birds.

A right of way is just that – legally protected right of passage, just becuase it isn’t a ROW it dosn’t mean you can’t use it.

gil_

I regularly ride the trail in the other direction from Lilla Howe following Little Eller Beck and then onto Simon Howe, beautiful bit of trail

I have met National park rangers on the trail on several occasions and asked the same question, three times I have been greeted with blank faces and “you’ll be fine” just give way to walkers…

The trail you are talking about is only an extension of this, I would say the section you’re looking at can get very wet and quite overgrown later in the year

Hope that helps

cp

yep, google sat view suggests it’s a very well defined track.

looking at it in 1:25,000, it’s a ‘path’, so doesn’t techincally have a right of way, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use it, no matter whether you’re walking or riding. Public use it, they can just be asked not to if a land owner tells them to clear off… which is HIGHLY unlikely.

I’d have no problem using it.

singletracksurfer

thats great, thanks for you help 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Flyingdales moor – right of way question’ is closed to new replies.