Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flow rims..
  • banks
    Free Member

Who’s rolled tyres of flow rims here? Doesn’t matter if high or low speed…

vikingboy
    Free Member

…got the scars to prove it.

banks
    Free Member

Running tubeless there’s nothing to hold the tyre :/

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve done it but I’ve always put it down to low pressures/my general lack of ability (not that I’m suggesting that’s why others have the same problem).

banks
    Free Member

Cheers, never been one for stupid low pressures but it blew off in a cloud of spunk.

Suppose I’m just looking for something/someone to blame.

chip
    Free Member

blew off in a cloud of spunk.

There is a joke in there somewhere, but probably best left alone.

nuke

What tyres? Not experienced it yet on my Flows…rare burp but that’s about it

banks
    Free Member

First time (fnar) tubeless baron. Been asking around & it happens a lot with flow rims in particular, or any rim without a hook…

Think I’ve found something to blame.

warpcow
    Free Member

An actual, genuine tubeless Baron, or just a ghetto one? If ghetto, I might be placing the blame on Conti.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Got UST rims and a ghetto conversion on another set of rims. All with standard non-tubeless Maxxiss tyres. Never had one blow off yet. Got Arch rims coming too and will see how they go. Not as wide as Flow but are wider than some.

I reckon a lot of it has to do with tyre compatibility with rim profile. Not UST or tubeless ready, just things like chunky tyres on narrow rims or vice versa. Seems Maxxis have more success at going up and staying up, even with regular tyres.

That and I’m sure weight has a fair bit to do with it. Those I’ve know to blow them off the rims are heavier than me. Not fat blokes, just a stone or two heavier as I’m about 11st. Well, plus they ride harder than me so slamming wheels into the ground hard 😉

reedspeed
    Free Member

Me,put tubes in since !…

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

My rear flow developed a sudden dislike to maxxis advantage exceptions and would blow them off whenever possible.

One blew itself back off after I had remounted it after a bad landing, problem was it went in the kitchen. 3oz of stans fluid goes a looong way.

Northwind

banks – Member

Running tubeless there’s nothing to hold the tyre :/

You’re supposed to fill it with pressurised air.

I blew a Butcher SX off mine but then, the rim was in pretty ugly shape by then. Rolled a tyre of some description, maybe a nevegal, off an 819 as well mind.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flow rims..’ is closed to new replies.