Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Florence (and the Machine)
  • headfirst
    Free Member

Her album is currently my fave, and was just watching this. I saw her live at Leeds festival too. Now I know she's ginger and not the best looking lass in the world, but ohmigod she just oozes sex, in a bonkers/scary kinda way.

Discuss….

BigDummy
    Free Member

Saw her on Monday night at Shepherd's Bush. Absolutely astonishing performance. She certainly comes across as having a screw slightly loose, and her presence on stage is utterly magnetic. The last person I saw who was that glorious was Alison Goldfrapp. 🙂

Dobbo

Choreographed and overproduced to make you believe she just oozes sex. IMO!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yep, don't much like that video. It's not raw enough, or bonkers enough.

headfirst
    Free Member

fair point dobbo, watch the 'dog days…' video which is much rawer, like her stage shows

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I thought her first single (Dog Days) was amazing, that contrast between soft, angelic voice and powerful, dirty snarl was brilliant. So much promise.

However, I think the rest of her stuff is just boring, shouty rubbish and tbh, I'm getting thoroughly bored of her bellowing voice.

Listened to her playing the Sundowner at Ibiza Rocks, and it was without doubt, the worst live performance I've heard in years. Apart from her appearance in Radio 1's Live Lounge which was just as bad.

Over-hyped and over-played.

Dobbo

It'll check that one out.

For ooooozing sex check this out for a live performance. Yeah Yeah Yeahs I not a mssive fan normally but this has a certain something. 😮

Letterman cant let go of her hand at the end lol.

Shandy
    Free Member

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Kate Bush? oh no hang on, it's Bat for Lashes, nope it's Kate Bush, ahh

nickc

I guess it'll be one gig where no-one's going to shout "sing up love, we can't hear you"

10 inch heels and hot pants, and slightly crazed look about her…What's not to like?

IdleJon

whippersnapper – Member
    Kate Bush? oh no hang on, it's Bat for Lashes, nope it's Kate Bush, ahh

One of her songs reminds me of Katrina and the Waves.

And why the hell is she always on MTV2?

djglover
    Free Member

More run of the mill indie pop

Dull

toby1

I actually really like it and I'm a total music facist. I also really like her, just give her a slight lisp and I'd be putty in her hands, don't ask why, I have no idea!

IdleJon

Are you old enough to remember Toyah being in the charts, toby1?

"It'th a mythtery, oh it'th a mythtery……."

kona_uk
    Free Member

I saw them at the o2 academy, she was full of energy and I thought she ooooozed out on the stage….I thought it was great !

Coyote
    Free Member

Well I think she's kinda hot and I like the album.

atlaz
    Free Member

Too shouty. Her, La Roux, Ladyhawke; lots of shouting, lots of image, not much else.

timdrayton
    Free Member

i like it, not bad lyricist either.

CountZero

Cerys on 6Music said Flo was one of the most mesmerising performers she'd seen. Gutted I missed one of her early small gigs in Bristol. Really like the album, like Little Boots album as well, bought La Roux's 'cos of all the media and took it back because it was boring. Saw Joan As Policewoman last night and she was terrific, lovely lady to meet afterwards as well. Ladyhawke is fantastic live, a real rock band, much heavier than the album, which I love as well. Cerys is quite something live, too, looking forward to her gig later this month. Still cross at missing Flo, tho'. 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

I find her vocals a bit, er, histrionic… although I do like the balearic-esque mix of Raise It Up.

Bat For Lashes: anybody who reminds me of Kate Bush is already in my good books..

davesmum
    Free Member

She was very good at Glastonbury in the John Peel tent, very energetic on stage and the machine (the band) are very good too. Album is v good.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Listening to it for the first time at the moment while drinking some nice red wine. So far so great, really enjoying it.

ransos
    Free Member

She sounds too much like the Cranberries for my liking.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Florence (and the Machine)’ is closed to new replies.