Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • flat pedals and shoes
  • Northwind

For shoes, I'm not too impressed with my 5 10s, they just weren't very well made. The inner upper's worn badly, the inner sole was just cardboard and has broken up after getting wet once too often, and the stealth rubber layer is coming away from the main sole. My comparison here is a pair of ancient Vans Bricks, which I wore as everyday shoes til they were knackered, then started riding in- they've done more riding than the 5 10s even after that, and they're still holding together. As far as I can tell it's mainly the wetness that does it.

AM40s seem better so far, they certainly don't waterlog like my 5 10s do and they have very nearly as much grip. Not as nice to walk in though, they're a bit clumpy, and the graphics are awful… But they just seem to be better put together and that bit more practical.

"TractorFrog – Member

DMR v12 Mags with Ti Axle upgrade. There is no lighter flat pedal on the market! (£125+ once you finished) Paired with 5.10's and your laughing."

Total rubbish TBH, they're not that light at all, 354g, which is barely lighter than a cromo axled MG1. The MG1 with titanium axles comes in at around 300g and they cost half as much and come out of the same factory. And the MG1s aren't even spectacularily light themselves, there are lighter.

Basically, what it comes down to is this… The MG1s are lighter, functionally identical (slightly gripper IMO thanks to the extra pin and slightly wider front, but it's a minor difference), cheaper, just as well made and servicable… With V12s you're just paying for the name.

loco_pollo
    Free Member

I'm curently using a pair of Dark Cycles Arachnids:

And a pair of 510 impacts – unbelievably grippy and generally excellent. A warning to anyone who fancies a pair of these pedals though, they are such spikey bastards that unless you have thick stiff soles your feet will end up really hurting, for example the 510 freeriders I have are too thin and my feet end up hurting.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘flat pedals and shoes’ is closed to new replies.