• This topic has 49 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Flat pedal shoes
  • Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if Adidas will put more effort into the performance of 5 10’s above the sticky stealth …

chiefgrooveguru

How stiff is the sole on the Nike 6.0s? The AM40s are pretty stiff and there’s a midsole insert to make them more rigid which I really like.

prezet
    Free Member

I’ve ridden Vans and Nike 6.0’s – and recently bought some 5.10’s.

The 5.10’s are too grippy for me – don’t like them. Would probably consider wearing them if I was riding hardtail in the alps and my feet were likely to jump around on the pedals.

Regular Vans I find too soft in the soles. But I struggle to find Nike 6.0’s with a decent grip pattern. Been thinking about the Vans Gravel, as I think the sole has been stiffened up a bit.

GW
    Free Member

TBF prezet – there’s no such thing as “regular Vans” Vans use many different sole structures, thickness’ and grip paterns. Old skools are too thin for rough riding, some are too stiff/thick while others are perfect.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I used vans with waffle soles before 5.10’s came out, but the sole would wear very quickly.

GW
    Free Member

oh.. and fWIW I’ve never ridden a whore, have been payed for sex tho if that’s what the tagger meant. 😕

traildog
    Free Member

You mean your a prostitute? I guess that’s why you don’t like 5.10s – they are not the most attractive and would look particularly silly when wearing a mini skirt.

GW
    Free Member

ex-prostitute I suppose (before 5:10s were invented) 😳

prezet
    Free Member

TBF prezet – there’s no such thing as “regular Vans” Vans use many different sole structures, thickness’ and grip paterns. Old skools are too thin for rough riding, some are too stiff/thick while others are perfect.

Any preferences on ones that feel ‘right’?
    Was looking at a pair of Vans Baxters in town the other day. But being suede thought they easily get **** over winter. They also felt far softer than my 6.0’s in the sole.

GW
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t help, i have lots of pairs of Vans but all are discontinued models, the next pair of vans I buy prob won’t be specifically for riding in. only current model riding shoes I have atm are a pair of Etnies.

if you buy a dark colour, suede can be treated with dubbing and not look too bad, but saying that, all my riding shoes suede uppers last longer than the soles riding all year round in shitty conditions.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal shoes’ is closed to new replies.