Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Flanders 2012 Sportive
  • redted
    Free Member

Anybody know if its even happening? I’m usually entered by now but the website hasn’t changed in months. I know the finish of the race has moved to Oudenaarde with 3 finishing loops (which understanderbly would cause problems running a sportive on the same course) but has anybody heard anything rumour or otherwise as to whether it is even being run?

ourmaninthenorth

*sigh* another year without riding Flanders.

(Not that I ever want to ride the full edition again, you understand – far too much like hard work..!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    redted
    Free Member

Cheers, much appreciated dont know why I couldn’t find that but grateful all the same.

techsmechs
    Free Member

You’re Welcome.

See you at the start of the 140km? or are you going to sit in the wind for 2hrs before doing the 140km?

ourmaninthenorth

or are you going to sit in the wind for 2hrs before doing the 140km?

I know the Belgians are rapid, but 50kmh…! 😯

Enjoy it all of you. My favourite day out on a bike by a long chalk.

Hmm. Actually, I’ve got 3 months to get into enough shape to ride the 140. Starts hatching a plot to con Mrs North into a little jaunt to Vlaanderen. 😈

Marge
    Free Member

I’m intrigued to see the actual routes for 2012.

The first part of the 140 (or 150) was also never very exciting…

nicko74

Stupid Flanders!

redted
    Free Member

140km for me. Training for that is going to be tricky enough. Home/work balance not good for jan or march each year so bachelor training method (get a bit when you can!) for me.
    Done it 5 times now but pulled out last attempt with stomach bug. Still feel like I’ve got demons to bury.

jhw
    Free Member

I’ll be there (140) – who’s in?

last year was a good one, shame the uninsured Roubaix in the picture has since been nicked (and chased down with an ice axe). I’ll be doing it on a steel inbred unless I win the lottery.

ourmaninthenorth

*Even more jealous*

I hope you all have weather like we had in 2010. 😈

warton
    Free Member

I was there in 2011. A great weekend!
    Friday 60 miles of Paris – Roubaix in the sunshine.
    Saturday tour of flanders sportive in the sunshine
    Sunday on the Muur, drunk happy, and sunburnt. Add to that 3 nights of drinking in Bruge and I doubt it will ever be beaten as a boys weekend away!

however, no Muur this time around, at least for the pros. is the sportive going up there still?

I’ll be back in 2013…

pjt201
    Free Member

hmm, signing up for the full 240km is now not sounding like such a good idea… Still I haven’t done it before so I think it’s good to try the full distance at least once.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Day before my 30th…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh thanks for the heads up, did Roubaix last year, this looks like a go’er..the pansy 140k’er that is.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Is that price right? 20 euros? that’s amazing!

Marge
    Free Member

Indeed – 20 euros is far to expensive….

ourmaninthenorth

Is that price right? 20 euros? that’s amazing!

Yeah, it’s gone up in the last couple of years…

Oh, you’re comparing it against nonsense UK sportives… 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

im comparing to any race in the UK, local cx race costs that much and middle distance tri cost me £90

Tempted to register on the off chance I get a space

fontmoss
    Free Member

Paris Roubaix looks dif kettle of fish, have to go through tour company?

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

There is only one tour of Flanders and it is 240km all the others are just short pootles.

plop_pants
    Free Member

What ^ said. 11th time doing the full route for me. It’s the only
    way to do it, getting an inkling of what the pros go through. There is a real buzz riding in a group of a hundred or so bombing along at 25mph across the flat of Flanders so not at all boring IMHO. It gives you plenty of time to fill with trepidation at the thought of the hills to come.

I reckon they’ll do a classic route for the cyclo, using this years pro route could be really messy.

Marge
    Free Member

I reckon they’ll do a classic route for the cyclo, using this years pro route could be really messy.

I do hope you are right. Laps around Koppenberg with 17000 riders would be just disastorous…

warton
    Free Member

Paris Roubaix looks dif kettle of fish, have to go through tour company?

the best thing to do is get a map and do it yourself like we did. the sportive last year was terrible by all accounts. The trench was off limits for starters…

plop_pants
    Free Member

The sportive follows the new route!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Flanders 2012 Sportive’ is closed to new replies.