Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Flaming nora
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Just got back from a comfy road ride and my seat cheeks are stinging and a little raw. it started about 1 hour into my 4 hour ride, and was at its worst while riding on the flat (going uphill/downhill much less of a problem).

it seems that my back bits are suffering in the summer heat – i had the same problem at mayhem (ok, so i couldn't be bothered to change shorts for the 24 hours, and that won't have helped). in the cooler months everything is fine.

i didn't cream up before i started, so maybe that's the problem. can the Wonder Cream prevent heat build up and therefore prevent this chafing?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Assos chamois cream is your friend.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

or 'udderly smooth'

At the end of the day its just moisturising cream so could probably be got from ASDA for 99p.

Also get some sudocrem from the chemist, its nappyrash/bed sore cream and does the same job but is antibacterial.

Get whichever you fancy and apply liberaly to your arse and chamois before a ride.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What shorts are you riding in? I don't seem to suffer from this at all, which is nice 😀

I wear Lusso Pro Gel shorts under my baggies on the MTB and by them selves on the road

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

udderly smooth is great stuff…

enfht
    Free Member

Goose fat

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Bepanthen is better than sudocreme IME :blush:

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Man up. Sit in a bath of vinegar to give you that leather posterior.

Or a drop of sirloin in the shorts. Eaten raw afterwards with a raw egg chaser.

oldgit
    Free Member

Get your missus to firm you up with a paddle. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wire brush and detol before and after every ride. Thats the mans way!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

make sure yer seat aint slightly too high for ya.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Flaming nora’ is closed to new replies.