Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • f@@king dogs!! Grrrrrrr
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Can you SUE a dog owner for not having his dog on a lead?
    I had a nice sliding wet grass crash today:) and when i got up put my hand in dogsh*t! cheers then!!!!
    then later in the ride I took flight of a nice lip over a cattle grid only to land on a dog at 25-30mph
    It was like an RTA and hurts like hell now:(

Edric64
    Free Member

is the dog ok?

nickegg
    Free Member

Neither of those incidents are directly the fault of a dog though were they!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc

The second one sounds a bit like your fault….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sue I think you need to anticipate dogs a bit better when you ride.

HTH

northshoreniall

And suppose if was child/ adult/ cow/ bus there when landed second one it would be their fault too?

Jamie
    Free Member

Were you riding in Battersea Dogs Home?

Anyhoo…..1/10 etc etc

SOAP
    Free Member

because I was riding on the road for the second one, hows that my fault?

phil.w
    Free Member

are either of those actually the dogs fault?

the first one is really the lazy owner.

SOAP
    Free Member

Ive never had a child,adult,cow or bus for that matter atack me in mid air before!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If a dog is out of control any causes any damage via a crash or otherwise the owner is liable for any damages.

However I find it hard to see why its the dog owners fault in the incident

Edit – if the dog attacked you causing you to crash then yes – the dog owner is liable

donsimon
    Free Member

Clumsy fekker, aren’t you?

tollah
    Free Member

Learn to ride fekwit, then you won’t crash.

Paddi and the IF by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

Paddi the dog says hello btw 😉

northshoreniall

So you have gone form original post of landing on a dog to surface to air cyclist seeking dog? Amazing, we should let the military test them, may be of use in a combat situation 😀

Sandwich

Cycling furiously on the public highway and damaging someones property you could well be sued for that.

BoardinBob

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member

Cycling furiously on the public highway and damaging someones property you could well be sued for that.

Nope – no chance of being sued for that whereas a dog owner who fails in their duty to control the dog can be sued for any damage the dog causes

Sandwich

Once again your dog phobia causes you to take leave of your senses TJ. He jumped on the public highway ie he’s not in control of his cycle and damaging someone else’s property while committing an offence leaves the offender open to a civil remedy in the courts. As NSN points out what if that had been a human in the way when the jump happened.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We don’t know the details really but your statement is false – he cannot be sued for “furious cycling” nor for “Damaging someone’s property”

Under what bit of law do you think he could? Get real.

Kato

You could argue that if he’s airborne and therefore not in control and he hurts the dog, that it’s reckless criminal damage of property

donsimon
    Free Member

And the blue touch paper is well and truly lit… 😉

SOAP
    Free Member

If the dog was on a lead then I would be riding tomorrow and now im not! fact. 😥

theotherjonv

If you weren’t jumping cattle grids at 25-30mph and instead riding in a manner which enabled you to avoid crashing you’d be riding tomorrow

fact

(irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the dog owner) It’s better to be ‘in the wrong’ by being overcautious and upright than ‘in the right’ and sliding down the road on your arse, or worse.

landy813
    Free Member

Loose dogs are a PITA Fact

A cleat in the dogs eye socket helps ease the pain unless your paying the vet bill in my experience.

pastcaring
    Free Member

thanks geoff1 that really made me laugh.

you were lucky it wasn’t one of these…

psychle
    Free Member

WTF is that thing??

pastcaring
    Free Member

landy813 – Member
    Loose dogs are a PITA Fact

A cleat in the dogs eye socket helps ease the pain unless your paying the vet bill in my experience.

i think my dog would see that as sport! i have one of the dogs above 😆

djglover
    Free Member

M

pastcaring
    Free Member

WTF is that thing??

a bear!

donsimon
    Free Member

She’s tiny, isn’t she?

Go for it landy…

jumping3 by simoncarter.es, on Flickr
    … I reckon we could get your cleat, shoe and half your leg in this mouth before you could react 😆

pastcaring
    Free Member

i hope so? but that dog is a monster!

although going by my dogs parents/family weights he’ll weigh about 90k/200lbs ish.
    he’s 6 months and 95 lbs

Edric64
    Free Member

If the dog was on a lead then I would be riding tomorrow and now im not! fact.

not if it was an extendable lead and you ran into it like a piano wire!!

user-removed
    Free Member

[in true stw style] if you landed on my dog whilst jumping off a lip without paying due care and attention to your surroundings, I would stick sausages up your ass and a starving dog down your throat [/ in true stw style]*

* Thanks also to Mo the bartender for the paraphrasing.

landy813
    Free Member

i think my dog would see that as sport! i have one of the dogs above

That loose = irresponsible in public places

My lurcher murdering rabbits in the middle of the night across the fields for my dinner plate etc. = hardly any public at risk from being mauled by a dog quite possibly having a laugh bounding at someone who thinks there being attacked.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

ifyou even lookedat one of my dogs thewrong way i’d assualt you in a perverse nature with a not so mini pump.
    you jumped on it !!!

pastcaring
    Free Member

That loose = irresponsible in public places

go on then why irresponsible?

do you know how i bring my dogs up? do you know what breed it is? if yes, do you know the breeds traits?
    my dog doesn’t **** off chasing rabbits or bound up to people, it walks next to or behind me. he does this naturally, because he was bread to, and knows his place.
    my last dog was a pit i guess you’d tar him with the same brush to? although he changed a lot of peoples perceptions of what a pitbull are really like!

pastcaring
    Free Member

oh yeah landy, did you miss my smilie on the post you quoted?

Kamikirk
    Free Member

Do you not have a responsibility to be riding in control when on a public highway?

For sure there was someone done for manslaugter hitting a pedestrian while riding too fast/out of control in the media last year.

Get over yourself and learn from your own mistakes rather than projecting your failings on others even if they are canine. Lucky it was not the dog owner….. if you had hopsitalised someone would you feel so aggrieved?

swavis

Rant = fail then? 😆

My dogs would p!ss in your shoes, only if I told them to though 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘f@@king dogs!! Grrrrrrr’ is closed to new replies.