Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Fixie riders?
  • samuri
    Free Member

So, what sort of stuff are you riding on your fixies?

if I can ride it on a normal bike, I’ll give it a go on a fixie. It’s a fun callenge.

Why do I do it?
    If I was trying to nail bigger and bigger drops on a bike would that be questioned?

shortcut

You must bead. Tried it. Once. Terrified!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks for the memory DrP

nothing a bit of t-cut couldn’t fix

beanieripper
    Free Member

Whatever next, no freewheel.. im starting a new micro niche…….octogoning..wheels with 8 sides (and solid tyres), just to make it a bit harder, i think this off road fixie thing must be for wimps.. I take it you’ve all removed the clutches from your cars aswell!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

beanieripper – it is about variety. I also have a full suspension 27 speed carbon fibre XC bike, sold my 7 inch travel aluminium beast of a freeride bike, had my BMX nicked by my godson (because I looked silly) and am not sure whether to get a hardtail jump bike or a trials style bike next time the wife isn’t looking.

Embrace everything except folk music and incest

miketually
    Free Member

I take it you’ve all removed the clutches from your cars aswell!!

Does your car have two wheels and 30 gears?

robkhoo
    Free Member

A friend of mine did the Dyfi a couple of years ago on a fixed Pompino with a bald rear tyre, in a fairly reasonable time too.

flashes
    Free Member

Cab did SSEC last year on his. He did one more lap than me on my SS, so hat’s off.
    I did a Bikefest course practice lap on my On One with the fixed wheel last year, quite scary, especially down the zig zags, but a laugh.
    I’ve just ridden home on my Fixed Genesis IO, but I still am awaiting a light non silly mud day to amble off road.

thepodge
    Free Member

OK, so I know the answer is probably “build one your self” but any one any idea where I might get an off the shelf 26″ fixed rear wheel?

Or does anyone have an old one they are willing to sell me?

69er
    Free Member

Buy a http://www.velosolo.co.uk/shopdisc.html cog

Take off your rear disc, bolt on your cog, turn your wheel round. Remove the back brake too. Go riding 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

I had considered that but as I currently don’t have a spare wheel let alone a disc one, I figured I’d go for a proper fixed.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Fixie riders?’ is closed to new replies.