Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Five Ten Barons?
  • fuzzhead
    Free Member

My much-loved Shimano AM40s have finally given up the ghost and the sole has come away from my backup pair of Five Ten Impacts, so I’m in the market for a new pair of shoes for flatties.
    Tempted by the Vans Gravel as a I’m lifelong Vans wearer for non-bike related activities, but having done the usual internet trawl, looks like the Five Ten Barons may be worth a go.

Thoughts/experiences?

Ta

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Anyone? Bueller?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got some and previously had AM40s. Much sturdier and with more grip. Take ages to dry as with all five tens.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

hmmm, i was worried about the drying aspect as the AM40s are pretty fast drying (as you know). I was kinda hoping that they’d dry quicker as not so built as the Impacts.

Bugger

“Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism’s in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, “I don’t believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.” Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I’d still have to bum rides off people.”

thepurist

I’m in the same boat – AM40s falling apart & wondering where to go next. Vans Gravels do look tempting – nobody seems to say much about living with them though which could well be a good thing as bad news travels way faster on the net than good. I do like the shimano lace cover though – sensible for a shoe that’s gonna get caked in crap.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

i nearly pulled the trigger on some Gravels on Friday, but CRC were out of stock of my size. I think i may have to go for the Gravels as I can’t really live with the glacial drying time of Five Ten shoes.
    Vans Gravel review FYI http://factoryjackson.com/2012/03/22/review-vans-gravel-shoes/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten Barons?’ is closed to new replies.