Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fitting Alfines…
  • s1m0n
    Free Member

Thinking of gettinf Alfine built into spare wheel to change in and out of current singlespeed for when riding terrain beyond the capabilities of my SS climbing abilities.

Anyone done this and how easy/quick is it to change over and fit gear cables etc?

Cheers

S

johnners
    Free Member

I've fitted an Alfine but not done that, it's one shifter and a cable with a wee bit of adjusting to get the index marks lined up. You should be the best judge of how long that would take you.

Once fitted I suppose you could leave it all in situ cable-tied out of the way, but it's a bit of an ugly idea.

geoffj

Anyone done this and how easy/quick is it to change over and fit gear cables etc?

Once you've done the initial fitting, it will be dead easy to remove and then re-fit.
    Probbly 10 mins max, to swap the wheels, fit the shifter and zip tie the cable back in place. Easier if you have lock on grips, obviously.
    The only other thing may be to re-align the rear brake caliper for the SS wheel, but again, that should only be a 5 minute job.

s1m0n
    Free Member

Cheers – sounds straight forward enough Just wanted reassurance as I'm not the most mechanically minded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fitting Alfines…’ is closed to new replies.