Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • fishers……… f…ers
  • mr-potatohead
    Free Member

having heard people praise fishers for being kind and helpful i have got to say by way of a winge— bone idle procasting bastards !!!!!!
    my forks have been with them for a repair on warranty and after 3 weeks they may be back tommorrow .mutter mutter.when it was chased up yesterday the forks hadn't even been taken off the shelf .
    n to be fair , liesure lakes who i generally call seem to have done everything they could to sort it out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not saying 3 weeks is acceptable but given the volume of rs forks in the uk. Most of which seem to blow up with alarming regularity in the hands of users of this forum…..there are other people in this world with broken forks besides you so

bone idle procasting bastards !!!!!!

isnt really fair – perhaps you were in heaven forbid it a queue ? you know like ones butler finds regularly at the green grocers

gohan
    Free Member

What forks and whats broken?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

pikes – they just seized up . still haven't had feedback as to what the problem is though .

radoggair
    Free Member

3 weeks………….. pppfff! Mine were away for close to 5 weeks the first time and 4 the second

not saying 3 weeks is acceptable but given the volume of rs forks in the uk. Most of which seem to blow up with alarming regularity in the hands of users of this forum

Yes, but my Fox forks were turned around within a week, there's as many pairs out there as RS and lets face it, when you talk about reliability, Fox are the worst

njee20
    Free Member

Last year the turnaround on warranty work was over 2 months. That's not acceptable IMO, they are **** useless. It's a shame really, as they sell some decent stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not acceptable by any means nick i agree

they have a small team working on warrenty – mojo are a full on service center – and you pay for this in the RRP of the fork IMHO

More so the proportion of rockshox out there on lower end forks – almost every tora we had through the shop last year on OEM failed. thats alot of forks !

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

but my Fox forks were turned around within a week, there's as many pairs out there as RS

I really, really doubt that. Bulk lower end OEM RS alone would probably outnumber all Fox forks in the UK*

*At a total guess.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

They returned my forks (under warranty) in just over a week, which I thought wasn't bad – until I realised that they had completely failed to fix the problem. Sent them straight back and its been over 3 weeks now…

rolfharris
    Free Member

Fishers are useless for everything. Deliveries are patchy, stock is low on a lot of important bits, service is slow and packing is bad (they pack cheap bike oil with helmets/computers etc and invariably it leaks all over them).

It baffles me how Sram keep using them when Shimano and Madison are (on the whole) ridiculously slick. 18 bikes call them Omnicorp…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sorry, whats that i hear???

RS Forks no better than others on the market? Sorry but the way some of the evangelists go on you'd think that fox where the work of the devil and RS are hand crafted by jesus christ himself!

clubber
    Free Member

Every brand has failures of their product. I wouldn't believe anyone who says that RS are 100% reliable. It's about how many failures particularly relative to other brands. Fox aren't the work of the devil but they often don't cope well with British conditions and the distributors/warranty people are crap IME (though it sounds like Fishers aren't great though hopefully they don't have the attitude).

ojom
    Free Member

Got to say Fishers are great with us. No problems at all. Rep (Blair) is very good. Sort stuff asap, good salesman and loads me up with tons of stuff…. (oops!)

In all seriousness – they are a big company that is a pleasure to deal with unlike say BritishGas (dont start me).

psychle
    Free Member

Should've gone with Specialized… 48hr turnaround for me on my E150's 8) Though of course, this could be due to a fair bit of practice at it 😉

rolfharris
    Free Member

Blair is cool, and he'll admit the short comings.

The boss has known him since they were kids so we have a photo of a 15 year old blair about to go racing in the shop.

Not sure if you know Al from Shimano/Madison either but we have a photo of him when he had no hair and was thin!

ojom
    Free Member

Al is funny. I liked it last year at Eurobike when him and the massive Continental man with the beard pulled a trailer full of beer into the impromptu bar area outside a hall. Hulks!

rolfharris
    Free Member

Have you met the Trelock guy? The most boring man on the planet?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I need a copy of that picture of Al for a chuckle.

njee20
    Free Member

Fishers sacked our rep (Phil), it's a shame, he was the best thing about the company!

rolfharris
    Free Member

Mister P- I wouldn't want to post it without his permission. Al vs 11st of me = fail

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Trelock? Same rep as Squire locks? Think I know exactly what you mean..
    We find Fishers really good, stock levels can be a bit on the low side, but service has always been good & will try & help you over the phone, which can't be said for many companies

coatesy
    Free Member

Initially thought this was about a set we'd sent back, very similar case.Normally do routine warranty work(damping cartridges usually) ourselves to avoid this situation, but were told the fork had to go back to them if it was a warranty issue, cue one rather p'ed customer.
    Other regular problems are "it's out of stock", and after waiting 2 or 3 weeks(not an unusual wait) for something to arrive being told they've got no record of the order.

rob1984p
    Free Member

I don't remember ever having a bad experience with them when I looked after warranty in my old job. Also our rep was the amazing Martin Hawyes 90's trials star and was really sound.

I once added a softer spring to an order from them for my forks and they forgot to add it so sent it free of charge on saturday special delivery which would have cost almost as much as the spring.

When the moco on my boxxers failed they sent one the next day for free for me to fit with zero questions.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

TBH Fishers do a good job with rockshox. They have to deal with stuff on an individual basis which should be on a general recall. Hands up whoever has had a leaky pair of forks…? I've sent them 2 pairs in the last week.
    However, when stuff ends up being awkward to deal with, it gets put to the back of the list and forgotten about.. Hence why Dahon with their fragile, uppity bikes jumped ship.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Fishers…. I could dis 'em till the cows come home. But i won't, here's a nice story instead. A customer of mine with his oe Lyric dual air was in a right bait, wanting his forks sorted by the weekend, which was just unfeasable. After talking to Fishers warranty guys, one of their staff made a big detour off the M4 to my shop – after working hours – with a big pile of bits. Rebuilt the fork for me and whizzed off again, finished at around 8pm and used around £180 worth of parts. Result for me;happy punter next day, load of stress off my plate. BRILLIANT!
    In general, i don't use the company much as i feel lots of others are better, but that was SERVICE!

JoeNation
    Free Member

Fishers have gone seriously down hill in the last couple of years. We used to have a really good rep from them, came round every fortnight exactly when he said he would, always giving us good deals, always quick to deal with warranty jobs. Then he left and now we don't have a Fishers rep at all, they just don't seem to care. They've lost exclusivity or have new competition for Muc Off, Dahon, Sram road groups (soon Sram MTB stuff too), Schwalbe, only good brand left is Look. And they're less than useless on the phone. Rubbish.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Is there going to be alternative source for sram mtb stuff then, Joenation? Do tell……!

mildred

I sent my Totems back via leisure lakes after this year's mega, and they were back in the shop within the 3 weeks I was quoted for turnaround.

The forks had a well known bushing and seal problem in the damping side, but also the upper brake mount was threaded (I'd never touched the brakes so I'm assuming it was marin when they originally assembled the bike).

Anyway, the forks came back with new lowers, air cartridges, oil etc, and much better functioning than when new.

A few years ago I had a set of RS Duke, which the paint just fell off – They were sent off anf returned to me within 2 weeks with whole new lowers.

I'm a very happy chap and cannot say one bad thing about Fishers.

Offroading
    Free Member

My experience with Fishers is mixed.

I've had warranty worked turned round in less than 2 days, but that was due to telling them on the phone i MUST have them back with xxx time. On the other hand i've had stuff take 2 months to get fixed. It beats me how the UK distributer for Sram doesn't carry all the spare parts for Sram etc…?

It's bad for me because they are the importer for nearly everything i use, Sram, Rockshox, Look, Schwalbe etc.

Ditto the phone, i've had guys on the phone not have the slightest idea what i was talking about. In saying that though there are two guys there, Chris and Scott i believe who know everything about anything. If you can speak to them it's alright.

How they keep the import deals with Sram is beyond me. I wish someone would take up Sram maybe as a single importer. I suspect Fishers don't have enough people.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Don't forget you could try Saddleback for the road Sram stuff

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘fishers……… f…ers’ is closed to new replies.