Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • First time riding the Clwyds – ss or hardtail?
  • franki
    Free Member

I’m planning to take a trip to ride some of the trails around Moel Famau soon.
    I’ve not been to the area before, other than Llandegla and Clocaenog, so don’t really know what to expect from the trails. Doesn’t look too severe on the map.
    Could take my Stiffee or Io.
    Would I regret taking the ss and end up walking up all the hills do you think? (Reasonable fitness, 32 – 17t lowest gearing I’ve got…)
    Ta!

loddrik
    Free Member

Some big hills around there. I wouldn’t dream of riding a singlespeed on any terrain mind you.

Not gonna find tight technical singletrack. Lots of muddy bridleways, brilliant views and fast descents. Clwyds are great.

MrOvershoot

loddrik – Member
    Some big hills around there. I wouldn’t dream of riding a singlespeed on any terrain mind you.

Not gonna find tight technical singletrack. Lots of muddy bridleways, brilliant views and fast descents. Clwyds are great.

What that should have said is
    “Lots of big hills & plenty of people ride SS round there but you might enjoy it more with gears.
    If you get someone local to show you round there is plenty of steep tight singletrack, but there is still loads of good dry and dusty (at the moment) bridleways that can still get you into all sorts of trouble, particularly if you are staring at the fantastic views”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘First time riding the Clwyds – ss or hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.