Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • First Time at Drumlanrig
  • singlespeedstu

Without wanting to get into a conversation with a "read all about it but have no idea " type.

Anything that I'd consider to be difficult terrain I'd not try and ride on our tandem as it would result in grounding out, getting stuck between trees, not physicall possible to get the small extra length round or just plain stupid.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stu – you have misread me. I didn't claim to be able to ride difficult terrain – its that people often say "you will struggle with this bit" or "you can't ride that bit" when its not that hard. Its that people who don't ride tandems underestimate what is possible.

Please try to read what I wrote rather than being offensive. I am not disagreeing with you – you have misunderstood me.

e have many times ridden stuff that people who don't ride tandems have told us is impossible.

singlespeedstu

Without wanting to get into a conversation with a "read all about it but have no idea " type.

Try re reading this bit again.

BTW there's nowt " offensive about anything I've posted.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Really – stu – you have misunderstood me and if you are referring to me as a "read all about it but have no idea " type I consider that offensive.

Its a simple point I tried to make that you have either deliberately or wilfully misunderstood. If you as an experienced tandemeer tells me that its not possible then I believe you. if people who have never ridden tandems tell me a route is impossible then my experience is that they underestimate what is possible to ride on a tandem all the time.

Thats the simple point that I tried to make.

singlespeedstu

Good for you . 🙄

Diane
    Free Member

Drumlanrig – ACE.Lovely natural feel. Ridden the red in the wettest conditions and was fine. Not sure how i'd manage the black in the wet though 🙂 Nice challenge.

forge197
    Free Member

Diane – I'm looking forward to riding there in the wet think it will be a good challenge, the Kirroughtree SXC Course was like a tribute to Drumlanrig it was very rooty on the natural stuff 🙂

Johnbot
    Free Member

So other than roots what features has Drum got going for it? I often think of going for a session there on my way South from Glasgow

geoffj

To be fair, Drumlanrig is alright, but its nowt special.
    I've only been a couple of times, but If I'm honest, I found the sheer quantity of slippery roots and tight turns a bit tedious. That and the fact they appeared to be interspersed with thick mud sections.

It certainly doesn't flow and provide the big grin factor of a swoopy downhill section. BUT, I'm probably too carp a rider to get the most out of it.

forge197
    Free Member

Drumlanrig has got a natural feel to it, it is quite technical and your right it doesn't run fast for all the twists turns and technical bits and I think it's that which gives it a certain charm its just different to the other local 7Stanes trails.

No mud on Friday 🙂 But can imagine some prolonged rain would make it so

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘First Time at Drumlanrig’ is closed to new replies.